Stuck in Bronze 5 after season 4 update

Not sure what’s going on, but this seems to be a bit of a bug with my account. Ended Season 3 at Bronze 3 in support. Downranked to Bronze 5 support at beginning of season 4. a few ups and downs. In the past 2 days I’ve played up to 3 rank ups going 5-2, 5-1, 5-2 and I’m still ranked Bronze 5 support. Each time it says I’m above 71% of all others at this rank. regardless of how I do, this is what the rank up always says. Is this a bug? This would be easier to diagnose if we could see our actual MMR some how. I would appreciate any information or help on the topic. It’s extremely frustrating and disheartening to say the least. Thanks!

17 Likes

same exact situation for me

7 Likes

My friend is having the same exact issue. We’ve gone 5-2, 5-3, 5-1, then 5-4 and every time it said that they were above 71% of people in their division. Would love to know if there’s something we can do to fix this or if it’s something that will be addressed in a patch soon

6 Likes

Seems to be working as intended.

We just get to see how broken it is now that it isn’t hiding MMR.

Exactly situation for me, but to me says that I’m above 76% of players.

6 Likes

This exact thing happened to me too. I ended with b3 and it put me in b5 after 5-2. I got to b1 with around 90% win rate. Then it deranked me back to b5 after I had bad luck and had several 5-4 and 5-3 games. Now it says b5 71% regardless of wins and loses, including 5-0. I thought it was me and tried to rank up in 9 rank evaluations. Every time it says b5 71%. I’m quitting support comp over this bug. Maybe the season, since I finished the BP. The same thing happened to my friend on his support hero. He tried to help me with his gold DPS hero with no luck, always b5 71%. Our games together were in high silver, which I felt very comfortable in. He thinks I’m gold on support, but I won’t know with this bug. This season is ruined for me. :frowning:

7 Likes

is there anything we can do? i’ve had above 60% win rate and each time i’m ranked i get bronze 5 at 71% ranked in division. i have great stats and a high win percentage so idk what i should do

this happened on both tank and support.

6 Likes

Nope Dev / Server side we just wait until really " Fixed " You could go on blizzards twitter.

3 Likes

I just tried on my DPS. It’s also stuck on b5 71%. Game is unplayable now. :frowning: I think it was b2 last season.

6 Likes

Also stuck at b5 71% regardless of win-lose record. Last season I peaked at bronze 3. IF anyone has gotten out of the b5 71%, with maybe a huge win streak or something, let us know – give us hope.

6 Likes

The exact same thing is happening for me too:(

5 Likes

It is most definitely not working as intended- thousands of players are posting on this forum with the same ranking: Bronze 5, 71% higher than players in division. Even if we are all truly B5, there is no way we’re all stuck at the same 71% rank. This would mean SR is not being adjusted by even a singular point after a 5-0, 5-1, 5-2 run (impossible).

8 Likes

Someone said they got I think 74% after 20-0. I quit this season. Forget that! B5 is a nightmare.

4 Likes

Guys, please take the time to include screenshot evidence. Put it on your twitter. Add it to this thread.

From what I seen I think this is a bug. Every one keeps getting stuck at 71% or around that. Other threads when I asked for screenshots it also got stuck at that number.

Post your W/L ratio as well too for Season 4. Let’s try to make Blizzard aware.

4 Likes

Same just happened to me went 5-1 on my support.

3 Likes

I did 5-2, 5-0, and then 5-0 and got the same rank you show there. It’s a bug and I’m done with this season. Blizz needs to make sure their stuff works.

3 Likes

Same here, was put straight to b5 at the start of this season and did not rank up.
Going 5-0, 5-2, 5-1… I think after 30 matches or so the needle finally started to move.

I am at b1 now and my current suspicion is that whatever “fix” they did to people’s MMR/SR this season put quite a lot of players into negative numbers and that pit you 1st have to dig yourself out of :skull_and_crossbones:

Perhaps the devs wanted to give of that “Dark Knight Rises” feeling, but come on…

3 Likes

Thank you! You have giving me hope back to the grind!

3 Likes

Just to say that the exact same is happening to me. 3 reranks, last 5 wins and 1 defeat and nothing changed. Bronze 5, 71% higher than players in this division.

3 Likes

I came here to voice my own experience with this. I was playing with a friend who was really bad and we hit bottom of the barrel. I stopped playing with them and began to climb out. Nothing but positive records of 5-1, 5-2, 5-3 and 5-4. B5 with it telling me something about 71% of folks. However, I can say the overall lobby rating has been increasing. Used to always be B5 now it’s B3 and B2.

Edit: Someone said they started seeing results after 30 games. I have 55 wins. 11 rank up/down opportunities and only one of them was negative at 5-7. If you was throwing really hard at the end of season 3 like I was maybe it’s a lot worse.

1 Like