Stuck at exactly 71% Bronze 5 (Fixed)

After several re-ranks, I am always shown that I am Bronze 5 better than exactly 71% of players. It doesn’t seem to matter the number of wins or losses. It doesn’t show any movement within the rank; it always shows I’m better than 71% of players each time, which doesn’t seem right.

Update:
This ended up getting fixed in a recent patch. I can see my rank changing now

• Fixed an issue where ranked players in Bronze 5 would see an incorrect percentage of progress towards the next division.

Overwatch Patch Notes

Read the latest Overwatch patch notes or research historical changes to the game

3 Likes

I just got on overwatch for the first time since the most recent update. Me and my buddy who were both bronze 5, play 5 games with the same class for each game. We win all 5 games and he gets put in silver but I stay at bronze 5? I carried in 3/5 games and we steamrolled the other team. Can someone please fix this? I dont even want to play anymore because of this.

3 Likes

do one 5-0 and you make it out

**** I have the same issue. I have gone 5-0 it still re-ranks to b5 better than 71% of players in this rank. Did this work for you or someone you know of? ***

2 Likes

I took me maximum 15-0 to climb out of bronze5, 10-0 most of the time. But you should not lose. Then it places me in b2 usually after that win streak.
If it says 71% of bronze 5 you need to understand how deep is that rank
Bronze5 = 0-1099 Skill rating
71% = 600 - 700 SR you are at
1 win/loss = ~24-25 SR change.
If you do not lose you get PBSR and win streak bonuses.

Don’t even look at that 71%, just keep on winning w/o losing and you get it. That 71% stuck at your display may not mean you are at 71%, you may be really couple wins away from ranking up. But that last one is just my guess, previous stuff I am 100% certain about. I know that 15-0 is enough for my performance to get out from b5 rank even if it was set at 0 SR at the beginning.
If you lose 1 game in bronze5 you can add +1 split of 5-0 to your progress pretty much if you were deep down.
To have a better understanding, imagine that bronze5 actually contains copper5-4-3-2-1, Tin5-4-3-2-1, Aluminum 5-4-3-2-1 and even wood5-4-3-2-1 (bottom500) ranks that just do not show to us.

Thanks for your response. In get in theory how deep bronze 5 is. I climbed out of b5 into b2-3 last season but started this season in b5. Maybe because my account has more games it will take more to get out this time. I’ll try to just ignore the 71% message. It does seem like when I go on a win streak I start getting put into b2 and b3 lobbies so maybe that is it testing the waters. I don’t think I have every gone 10-0 so I will attempt that as you suggest. I just wish I had evidence of someone with the 71% message making it out of b5. People on this forum are reporting some really strong win rates but not making it out once they see that message. Could just be selection bias tho. Thanks again.

1 Like

Exactly! The more time you have spent in a certain rank the more hardstuck it becomes. For instance if I do 5-0 in any rank that have been in that rank for let’s say 50 wins and 50 loses (100 games) I end up in the same rank or just +1. However if I keep on playing then next 5-0 will provide me with +3 most of the time and the next 5-0 gives +6+7 divisions.

Didn’t have this exact number on a screen but made it on dozens of accounts with 0% message placed in b5.
I can give you VODs if you want, just add me in discord for that FXtrt#6552

I’ve gone 5-0 twice and it didnt move an inch.

3 Likes

It is probably because you are at the minimum value which is below 1000 SR range. It usually starts changing at 1000+ SR.

It deranked me to bronze 5 71% and it won’t change. Blizz needs to fix this asap. It ruined s4 for me.

That’s how I know it’s a bug. 5-0 doesn’t budge it.

If that’s true, how did I get there from b1? I had over 80% win rate. Then it dropped me into bronze 5. Now it’s around 50-60% because of all the players stuck and the matching getting getting crazy. My friend is also having the same issue. He’s not bronze 5 either. I never had an issue climbing out of b5. It should be no problem for me to get silver, but I’m in b5 71% for some reason.

2 Likes

Check out my topic from last week: Bronze 5 bug- 71% in division

So many people having the same exact issue. The more we post about it the more likely Blizzard is to fix it! (hopefully lol)

1 Like

It is right. Those 71% players never played CP after placement. They had 0SR. As long as you had 1SR you are better.

1 Like

Stuck in bronze 5 for all of season 3 and the start of season 4. Made a new account to see if it was a bug with my account. Played my placement games and instantly went to plat 4. Try making a new account if you can, since they’re obviously just ignoring the bug and not fixing it.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Bronze 5 Bugs. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

1 Like

This ended up getting fixed in a recent patch. I can see my rank changing now.

• Fixed an issue where ranked players in Bronze 5 would see an incorrect percentage of progress towards the next division.

Overwatch Patch Notes

Read the latest Overwatch patch notes or research historical changes to the game

1 Like