This is being muted

Muting this.

Disagree. If you’re taking so much damage that you can’t survive while I reload by firing thorns, you’re taking too much damage.

36 Likes

not if you also chuck in ur balls and discord the target we can melt, i only tried lw after a long time today, if you land headshots you can do deccent dmg.

1 Like

@scapegoat Not even what I said, so straw man

Paired with a Mercy who didn’t do much either in one particular match. Lifeweaver+Mercy when one is trying to DPS mainly from long range? Nah.

1 Like

Depends on some context, its not impossible that going for the elim is a better play than saving a teammate.

Still, youre not wrong if Weaver is just spamming thorns with no purpose and letting teammates die. Thats very much throwing.

I’m curious, when you say “Mercy can have higher pressure than you,” do you mean damage pressure? I’m not sure what you mean exactly.

1 Like

Healbotting with Lifeweaver isn’t strong enough to win games. You have to deal damage in order to not be a liability. If someone is about to die you can always pull them to safety and switch to healing during the animation.

19 Likes

I don’t mind when they’re actually doing it properly, but spamming off into the distance with thorns is pointless.

Everyone I left in plat told me the exact same thing right before I climbed to masters… Haven’t seen there names ever again wonder if there still struggling.

Also he’s a playmaker, if you need to much healing before I can sit up the literal game winning plays either A the other support isn’t healing you or B you just hyper feed.

Ehhh it’s ult charge mainly, you might also get a lucky pick.

6 Likes

Don’t say this, OP will accuse you of making a straw man argument.

4 Likes

Second highest DPS support btw, no falloff and very little spread with no spread recovery, why would you not want to laser people as weaver.

6 Likes

Damage builds quick trees. Lots of wasted opportunity if you aren’t getting thorns in

3 Likes

Try to tell Support players what to do OP , quite a brave attempt in this forum. Good luck with that though!
On topic, yeah he can’t blast people like Bap or Ana or Zen, but you can definitely put some pressure in off times and help finish off targets.

1 Like

Doesn’t his thorns melt shields?

Ok so you let them die and now you lost the fight. Hopefully that high horse you are trying to ride will give you an easy ride into lower elos.

Here’s the problem. This is an awful support pairing. Someone should have swapped. Supports have to do damage to be effective now. Mercy can’t effectively do any without surrendering the rest of her kit, so no wonder the Lifeweaver was trying to get some in. He can at least weaver some damage in, even if it isn’t his main focus.

Honestly…

Granted, this is just my opinion here…

It’s a game, it’s meant to be enjoyed by all who play it. Telling someone how to play a game they bought and paid for (for OW1 players anyway) is kind of meh…

Do certain characters benefit from playing the character a particular way to get the most value? Sure, but shedding virtual tears in an online forum isn’t going to resolve the issue. Maybe you should friend them, and then attempt to coach that way? You’d probably have better luck.

Based on your char icon, I’d say you’re just mad because LW is trying to do what you do, dps lol.

1 Like

You should put this in the OP if this is what you mean lol. Especially if you’re trying to tell someone how to play.

2 Likes

Gold players think this is the most op unbeatable broken support comp.

you realize- it’s either fire some shots for a bit, or sit there reloading for a bit- the only difference is one is useful LMAO

Lifeweavers damage surprises me every single time. Close range he absolutely shreds.

4 Likes