Stop putting in "competitive modes" in arcade

I am not worried about perfect comps just the leaver rate is absurd. Honestly the compositions have been pretty good overall.

1 Like

I mean to be fair actual comp is this way too

5 Likes

the leaver issue is much worse in arcade comp

The formal competitive mode has slightly higher stakes due to the ban from leaving, but overall both game modes do nothing that is actually “competitive” in nature. For all intents and purposes, Overwatch is an arcade game - play it as so :confused:

I’ve gotten way more leavers in regular comp. It’s just luck. Plus I missed and love old comp. Your solution is just don’t play it if you have a problem.

They put these alternate competitive modes in arcade because of that simple fact - they’re alternate competitive modes, not the actual competitive mode.

As for leavers, it baffles me as to why leavers are still an issue in Overwatch after all this time when the solution to the leaver problem already exists in other game modes - backfill.

What if your backfill player is way better than the player you lost? Doesn’t seem fair to the other team to me. I know leavers aren’t fair, but I think backfill isn’t the answer.

Open Queue is a lot more fun, imo. Better games, much less frustrating. Maybe switch them and put silly forced 222 in Arcade?

2 Likes

I agree. Team deathmatch competetive? Lucio ball? CTF? All are great modes but cant force play those cause of arcade. OQ is the only arcade mode I play

Actually I still out of habit press the normal button everytime. Then Im going back to arcade lol

Why would they be if their SR is around the same?

Truth be told SR is meaningless in arcade. First of all a lot of people throw their arcade placements for low elo funzies. If you think Skill variance is bad on regular comp try arcade comp sometime. The skill variance at even say low silver is awe inspiring. The amount of one sided curbstomps go up exponentially in arcade mode.

Couple that with the fact that people dont play those arcade comp modes as much so there is a smaller pool of players and thus makes the imbalances even worse.

SR is REALLY meaningless in those modes.

1 Like

It now makes sense .was wondering why they intentionally put it in Arcade where people wont take it seriously

hahahahaha, put it in as a main mode and we will see what happens. RQ biggest joke of century. Every single loss, every single one without fail, I MEAN EVERY SINGLE ONE! Is due to people trolling on support and tanks intentionally cause they do not care about their rating on those roles. Every single loss, and its blatant every time. There is less than zero competitive integrity in RQ since at almost every single rank 4/6 do not even care about their rating at all.

1 Like

I had nothing but positive experiences with open competitive queue with 15 games in

1 Like

I’ve had 1 bad game in it so far but overall the experience is much better then forced 2-2-2 so far

1 Like

Thats my experience so far

I’d like to keep Open Queue, but not in Arcade. Just a 2nd option for “real” comp.

I’ve been liking it more than role queue, but it’s hard to know what your actual rank would be since it’s in arcade.

I do really wish QP and arcade modes had sr built across the modes so you would at least see where you stand. At the very least qp should have it.

People take comp 3v3 more serious than normal comp RQ imo.
its not because open que comp is in arcade that its not taken seriously, its because “its pick whatever you want and the team with better comp wins”. Who would take it seriously.
I BET about all the games you had a leaver in (your team or enemy team) the comp was so bad the guy said why bother and left

Actually arcade competitive modes are generally laughed at and just sandbagged for easy wins. The amount of plat plus players in bronze arcade modes is hysterical.