Stop pandering to control freaks

First it was 222.
Now it’s hero bans.

I guarantee it won’t stop there.

Next they’ll want more bans. Then what? A vote to force a teammate to swap? At some point Blizzard need to just say no.

No amount of control will satisfy these people until they can force their team to play what they want them to and remove them from the team if they dont like their performance.

Just stop the pandering to control freaks. It will NEVER be enough for them.

128 Likes

I hate watching people say “oh yes the game is so much better now and this new limiting feature will help that” every time one of these rolls through because it isnt true.

36 Likes

They’re not doing this because of “control freaks”. They’re doing it because the OWL is boring to watch and nothing but mirror matches. They’ve invested millions into OWL and this is a make or break season. Literally every other hero based competitive game has a ban system and blizz is realizing its necessary for a hero based game. Overwatch competitive is evolving from a glorified quick play to an actual competitive mode. If you can’t handle that, they got casual mode overwatch for you with ow2 pve.

46 Likes

It started with banning a hero per match… NOW even in YourOverwatch videos (and some people on the forums) they’re getting giddy at the thought of banning MULTIPLE heroes per match. The people who want to control you are NEVER truly satisfied.

18 Likes

Well to be fair most of the games out there that have ban systems also have a larger hero pool…

13 Likes

Yet there are people screaming from the rooftops that it’s an absolute necessity in the base game too. That’s nothing to do with the league.
If is never introduced into the base game then your reasoning is fine. We both know that wont be the case though. It will be forced on everyone.

15 Likes

It’s today’s culture man. Cry cry cry and scream until you get your way.

11 Likes

Yup and they also have multiple bans per team. Overwatch bans will be one per team tops.

1 Like

is there a source for this?

1 Like

Yup. If you don’t like it you got casual mode ow2 pve coming for ya. But it’s time for overwatch competitive to actually start acting like an e sport. The serious players have been asking for this for years. The game has pandered to casuals for far too long.

3 Likes

I was against 222 but I support hero bans because hopefully it will remove the need for RQ and help encourage a more dynamic and enjoyable meta.

2 Likes

Then they should just have special rules for OWL, and not shove these things down the throats of the rest of the players.

27 Likes

If Blizzard listened to people like you we would still be playing 3 Winston 3 Lucio :joy:

13 Likes

But that ruins the continuity of experience.

I mean, I sadly doubt that they will actually throw Role Q out, even if they did hero bans.
With that said, hero bans with Role Q is possibly the dumbest thing the devs could do.

7 Likes

I guess it’s wishful thinking but it makes sense to be an either/or thing to me.

You really believe increasing these kinds of limitations is going to create a more dynamic game?

Really? After the abject failure of 2-2-2 to do so, in spite of, what was it? Sonnets letting Shakespeare be more creative?

13 Likes

Blizzard, creates a meta
Players, use said meta
Players, get bored of said meta
Blizzard, ok we’re gonna change the meta
Blizzard, looks at the kindergarden balance team they hired part-time
Blizzard, ok let’s change the meta by preventing people playing what they want

17 Likes

Fixed that for you. :blush:

4 Likes

I’m honestly not sure why they tried so hard to force Overwatch as an E-sport. It’s always been fun to play but not particularly interesting to watch. The addition of professional teams hasn’t done anything to change that, IMO.

They had a fun game with engaging lore that won the hearts of millions. They should have stuck with what worked.

6 Likes