Stop ignoring junkrats issues - im sick of the neglect

stop ignoring junkrats main issues

when junkrat was op all the junkrat mains knew and we acknowledged it, we all said that his mines and ult charge needed nerfs.

However, blizzard has ignored all that and gave him bandage nerfs AND bandage buffs. THE NERFS DID NOT SOLVE HIS ISSUES AND THE BUFFS DONT FIX THAT!!!

first of all let me state his issues:

he earns his ultimate too quickly (i know it just got it nerfed let me explain)

he is too inaccurate, his primary fire often flying right past peoples hitboxes and causing many visual bugs

giving him 10 more damage doesnt make up for his poor accuracy

he is one of the easiest countered heroes in the game, which is one of his weakness that should not change

His accuracy issue can easily be fixed by reverting back to the 0.3 projectiles, none of the visual glitches happened before they were shrunk by 33.3% and it was considerably easier to hit direct shots before compared to now.

keep in mind i have been in the top500 as a junk main, as soon as that nerf went live i noticed a huge difference in my accuracy, it significantly lowered and i was losing alot more one on one duels… not to mention that the nerf didnt even do what the devs wanted it too.

his damage and rip tire issues can be easily fixed if they do the following:

• revert to 120 on direct, 0.3 projectile size, tire charge nerfed by 10%

doing an extra 10 damage doesnt change much aside from making him be able to one shot every support and dps, which i believe should be one of his weaknesses and it makes the 10% ult charge nerf not do alot. since junkrat does more damage he builds it at about the same speed he does in live servers, just a little slower

9 Likes

Geoff said there’s some stuff they want to try for the patch after this one but they want to see how the balance shifts overall first 'cause there’s a bunch of changes.

1 Like

i understand that but you have to understand that most of his counters were buffed, aside from zarya who got a direct nerf and dva who was indirectly nerfed

these changes wont change much, at least in my opinion

3 Likes

Yeah I know, but he did say they’re looking at Junkrat specifically for the patch after which is actually good. We know they’re doing stuff.

5 Likes

I really wish you’d stop with the posts about him earning his ult too quickly. He only earns it quickly if the enemy is playing deathball or just sits there and eats his nades. They also just nerfed his ult charge rate.

He earns ult at a pretty normal rate when against most comps imo. Some comps I actually think he builds it really slowly on (like dive). That’s just my experience, though.

That said I think his projectile size should be increased from .2 to .25. The devs clearly do not want to revert it to .3, so a middle ground is the next best thing we can ask for imo.

I still think Junkrat/Pharah should be two of the best counters against GOATS, but I am not sure their buffs are enough to make them a threat vs the comp.

2 Likes

im not trying to brag when i say this but every game i play on the rat i get a pretty good amount of tires a game, which is unacceptable even if i am good with him. most people get their ultimates like 7 times a match, at least in 4150ish range

depends on the type of dive but you shouldnt even be playing junkrat into dive unless they are doing multi tank dive, i want to make it very clear im not a junkrat 1 trick (in competitive)

0.3 in the air and 0.2 after the first bounce?

im afraid that there are still gonna be visual glitches if we do that

junkrat builds it about the same on ptr due to the increase in damage but that might be because matchmaking is throwing everyone together without a thought

i agree

1 Like

Mind if I ask you to check your average tire kills per 10 minute stat in competitive? I’m not doubting you get a lot of ultimates, but I’m wondering how many of those actually result in successful kills. How often do you trade your life for a pick as well? Tire is a really strong ultimate, but it also can be shutdown pretty easily if you are prepared for it.

Please also keep in mind you are the top 1% of Junkrat players, so just because you get your ult quickly does not mean the rest of the playerbase does as well.

2 Likes

If it makes you feel any better they’re doing the same thing with McCree and Reaper, so at least its not exclusively a Junkrat thing. It feels like Blizz is trying to force how the characters should play instead of balancing around how the community plays them.

2 Likes

Current season: 4.31 (havnt played alot this season yet)
Season 14: 5.96
Season 13: 5.85

note that i only go for solo kills 80% of the time and this doesnt count tires that are killed, but from the stats you may be right, it just doesnt feel like it, feels like i get one every fight

1 Like

Against a comp like GOATS, I’d like to see Junk get 2 ults every fight. I would rather Junkrat be oppressive and hard counter GOATS so the meta changes than keep him weak and the meta stays.

Like you said, I think he’s one of the easiest heroes to counter (snipers, dive, Pharah, etc.), so a hero like that would be healthy for the meta imo.

3 Likes

im more concerned about his primary form of damage then his tire if im being honest

2 Likes

OP’s point is more along the line that any changes they make won’t be what JR mains are asking for. Blizzard time and time again has shown to rarely ever take community input into account when they change heroes. I’m expecting these changes Geoff is talking about to be some weird off the wall change that no one was expecting.

I was McCree against this one Junkrat in quickplay, I wasn’t even really shooting at him and just dodging his nades, and it was just sad. I was dodging every single one easily without trying much. I felt really bad for Junkrat at that point. Anyone that knows even half of what they’re doing can just avoid his damage entirely.

^ this is why we need to buff primary fire

Isn’t that you’re reward for accurate spam, since it doesn’t earn elims?

i wish i showed average tire earns but it doesnt, feels like i get 1 every fight which i dont think is ok

Because of Blizzards history of stubbornly not reverting fundamental changes to characters, I’d be less surprised to see Junkrat get faster projectile speed next patch then a revert on his projectile size.

Edit: Also, hi Alexis.

1 Like

Makes sense to me. One of the weaker dps whose biggest problem is lack of consistency gets to have a lot of access to a reliable ult.

If anything, I think the issue is how much Junkrat’s been balanced around it.

1 Like

At what point does the “I am going to make a new thread about junkrat nearly every day for the past two weeks” become spam?

You should really just make one mega thread instead of making a new one every day.

More consistent mines, and some QOL changes like tire camera going back faster would be good.