Stop ignoring Arcade modes

I don’t care whether they’re popular to play or not, the tank changes have absolutely butchered these modes. Without role lock, they are infested with tank-stacking team comps. It’s not fun.

Either role lock needs to be added to many of these modes or they game needs to limit teams to one or two tanks each. No more of these 3-0-2 or 4-0-1 agonising team comps please.

28 Likes

The true arcade modes like total mayhem and no limits are ok to have as many tanks as possible. But the single mode playlists like control only should have a 1 tank limit.

3 Likes

They are called Arcade for a reason dude

1 Like

Weak argument.

Arcade mode worked well enough in OW1. It’s broken in OW2

21 Likes

They’ve already said they’re looking to change tanks in Non RQ

ya i loved these modes including open queue (quick play classic in ow1) but they ruined it with the tank changes and not limiting tanks.

3 Likes

You believe Blizzard after all the lies they told us?

2 Likes

I believe the change is real, but in classic Blizzard fashion, that it will either make tanks unplayable or even more powerful than they are now, no in between.

1 Like

They would need to patch every single tank separately on each unique game mode. That’s too much for the current devs and the patterns they have shown will not go this way.

It’s that Bad Santa quote all over again: “Wish in one hand and s%@# in the other, see which one fills up first.” lol

1 Like

:nerd_face:
(20 char)

3 Likes

god, how I hate this argument.
Arcade should still be fun and enjoyable. And sure, while it still is for some, for others the tank buffs ruined it.
Personally, I used to play quite a bit of Mystery Heroes and Team Deathmatch, along with some CTF, but since OW2, I barely touch anything outside of QP due to how bad the Arcade modes are

5 Likes

If only there was a hero that could counter tank comps. You know, some kind of hero that could prevent tanks from using their cooldowns for a pretty long period of time so DPS could take advantage of the low mobility tanks have. Maybe this hero could also have some kind of mobility that lets them teleport back to safety when they get into trouble, too.

If only we had a hero like that.

1 Like

that sounds miserable, glad we don’t have a character like that

1 Like

I’m just gonna assume you haven’t played these modes against multiple tanks and heal.

Sombra can’t hack multiple targets, hacking Roadhog for 2 seconds isn’t gonna stop the other tanks or healers from peeling you off of him.

1 Like

Sombra used to make total mayhem playable, before they hard nerfed her into the ground to make her a terrible stealth rogue expy.

She was more than capable of shredding multiple tank comps, it was her entire role in OW1.

Sounds like players of these heroes can’t stand not being raid bosses for two seconds.

1 Like

stop authorizing developers not to take care of the game.
trash =/= funny. for that there is the custom mode section with rules as creative as they are absurd, but at least they are creatures of an amateur community, not of developers.

I don’t think the analytical necessity of the arcade is entirely wrong. they are REALLY stressful due to their total lack of rules, something that is only monitored for event arcades like halloween, WInter Wonderland etc.

It doesn’t take much to understand that deathmatch with admission to tanks and supports has never wanted anyone. or that mystery heroes with double heroes or triple roles everyone hates. Or that there is literally never a limit authorized by Blizzard with the simple “fill roles +1”? (example, max 2 selectable tanks, max 3 support, max 3 dps).

No, it doesn’t take anything to at least test them, but… OPS, even PTR and Experimental cards no longer exist, blizzard knows that each of its patches is already perfect and DEFINITELY does not need a pre-testing. :roll_eyes: the situation is therefore twice ridiculous: both for the arcades and for tracking the numbers they decide.

source and whe they said it?

Yes yes a thousand times yes. If they’re gonna force us to grind out 5 wins for a weekly then they have to start looking into balancing the arcade modes.
I usually grind 4v4 TDM but recently it’s unplayable. Just filled to the brim with two, three tanks and their little pocket healer. Don’t even get me started on the non existent matchmaking. I got into a match against GMs and Masters who were tank/healing handholding. I’m a bang average gold player. I don’t care if the queue times are longer, I shouldn’t be anywhere NEAR these players.
I personally want a complete ban on tanks in this mode in particular but it’s understandable that they probably wont do that. Limiting to 1 will be a fine compromise. Just, do something about tanks ruining these modes. I used to love 4v4 but this Roadhog 1 shot meta along side an Orisa with a Zarya and their little Mercy pocket needed to go yesterday.

1 Like

I agree personally, unless you go Tanks and Supports only aswell, you have no chance of winning.

It’s a worser version of GOATs, and Blizzard needs to do something about it for those gamemodes, even in Team Deathmatch it can be irritating.

The only change i’ve heard of regarding non-role queue is that they were changing Zarya in Total Mayhem because it was completely busted, that’s it.

3 Likes