Stop asking for a Fortify nerf

That would be kinda of fun to play.

This is the main disconnect between ā€œI want Orisa to be a bunker bossā€ and how the game is actually played.

The correct strategy for ā€œI canā€™t shoot these dumb shieldsā€ is ā€œso Iā€™m going to rush right through them and smash Orisaā€™s face inā€; her weakness is and has always been that she sucks at handling brawls. Making her shield ā€œbetterā€ makes her worse as a hero, and pushes her into relying on Sigma even more than she already does.

1 Like

Orisa is an anchor tank. Anchor tanks NEED a good shield. Itā€™s not the players that are asking for it, orisa chore design WAS BUILT AROUND A GOOD SHIELD. Which is something she doesnā€™t have right now. And this is why she is F tier by herself and A tier with sigma. Because sigma provides her the extra shield she needs. Itā€™s not the players asking for dumb things itā€™s what orisa DESPERATLY NEEDS. We donā€™t have a choice. Me as a orisa lover and player I would trade ANYTHING IN HER KIT for a 900 shield again. I would literally take a 25% damage reduction fortify for a 900hp shield again. Orisa was designed with the shield. Around the shield. She NEEDS it. More than anything

4 Likes

She was F tier by herself before Sigma, too. Nobody ran double barrier until Sigma because Orisaā€™s extremely weak to being pressured at close range with rush comps; Sigmaā€™s CC and high spam damage covers her weakness on top of having a deployable barrier that takes pressure off Orisaā€™s cooldowns.

Orisa was designed to be bad whenever an enemy gets to close. Thatā€™s why she nas HALT. So that people canā€™t get to close to her. Just look how bad she is doing right now. The shield sucks, Orisa sucks. End of story.

3 Likes

She is. But she was designed to be. Everyone agrees she desperatly needs a shield buff. Who are we to say any different? Projective barrier is 100x more importsnt than fortify will ever be to Orisa.

1 Like

Sheā€™s too strong at close range so I would:

• Give her ā€œreverse falloffā€ on left click (it does lower damage at close range)
  • Revert all halt nerfs but give it a minimum deployment range so you canā€™t use it to keep a fast enemy in place at close range
  • Put fortify on a resource meter
2 Likes

Interesting but I feel that resource meter would need a pretty low consumption rate since Orisa shields pop in seconds. Like Dva DM currently is not strong enough to keep Dva alive for more then a few seconds.

How is she too strong in close range combatā€¦? That is exactly her weakness and she is bashed by any other tankā€¦

Whoā€™s ā€œeveryoneā€? The only people I see begging for shield buffs are on this forum.

Again, youā€™re completely misreading how people actually play the game, and if Orisa is just hot garbage if you play rush comp into her 100% of the time, youā€™d just pick Rein instead.

Thereā€™s no time where youā€™d want to play ā€œbunkerā€ unless you had total map control, and thatā€™s basically the same scenario where Bastion is goodā€“is your metric for ā€œgoodā€ that Orisa is ā€œabout as good as Bastionā€?

This is false. She was hard meta with d.va and roadhog jus before sigma came along. Her stats were busted and she was going to be nerfed.

Orisa being too good in close range combat is justā€¦ how, how does people even think this is real? She isnā€™t good or any better than any other tanks in close range combat, she is super slow when shooting, her hitbox is RIDICULOUSLY LARGE, her bullets are still projectile how can anyone think this is ā€œtoo strongā€ compared to rein who just runs you down or sigma who just shieldā€¦ or eatā€¦ or rockā€¦ and aoe damage spheresā€¦

Alright, gotcha, donā€™t fix Orisa, go rein instead.
You could have said that from the beginning.
Iā€™m out

I think itā€™s because of her high DPS, and fortify.

ā€œHigh Dpsā€ honestly sure I donā€™t care reduce her damage. As I said before, I would take anything for a 900 hp shield again. They can reduce it by whatever they want and Iā€™ll be happy

How to buff orisa shield:

• Rework sigma and remove his shield.
  • Buff orisa shield to 900 hp.

TA-DA.

1 Like

She has a good matchup against heroes like Winston, Tracer, Doom, Genji and they are all in theory supposed to counter a double shield comp. The short range halt into the floor was a big part of this (idk about now but she is trash against anyone now soā€¦)

its the same thing asking for Mei buffs where some say to give her something and in exchange nerf multifreezeā€¦ like bruh
donā€™t stay with your whole team in a straight line against the freezing beam and there you go, no multifreeze
When certain heroes feel horrible to play you can give them some real quality buffs without other nerfs which make them worse than they were prior to the small buffs

ā€¦ if they are struggling with an Orisaā€¦ Iā€™m sorry but itā€™s a them problem, the only advantage she has over them is her high healthpool, since she isā€¦ you knowā€¦ a tank? And her halt is a tiny movement disruption, whenever she halts them she politely asks them to stop, for 1 sec. and then they go their own way. I have NEVER in my life heard doomfist tracer and genji struggle with Orisa.

i think itā€™s actually the right direction for her. But it must come with sigma having more nerfs to his shield, or at least different nerfs.
His shield should be smaller, almost person sized. Giving him a big shield was the big mistake in his kit design