Still Waiting For The DVA buff

DVA doesn’t need buffs. Orisa, Sigma, Hanzo, Mei, Bapt need nerfs.

So does every barrier. But that doesn’t mean less barriers are needed. Sigma and Orisa can rotate abilities to reduce downtime of shields.

Hell Sigma has grasp + adaptive shield to cover down-time of his barrier.

You should know by now that the Devs will never give people the buffs and nerfs that people ask for, everything has to be out of left field just to spite the playerbase with a “we know better” change

PTR: Boosters to 4 seconds.
Dev Comments: “That’ll solve everything!”

First, an ad, since you’re here: (Suggestion) D.Va D.work

Now, feedback. If that’s all you have, that’s pretty underwhelming, doesn’t solve any of D.Va’s issues and is a waste of time.

You have nerfed D.Va many times when she didn’t need it. At the very least, REVERT. THOSE. NERFS. Is it really that hard ?

D.Va suffers from feeding too much, not providing enough with DM, lacking survivability so she can’t use her damage. This buff is just more beating around the bush.

Of course this buff “in practice hasn’t been that crazy,” because it does nothing to her. It doesn’t solve the problems. It’s just something people will cry about in the event she comes back to viability (if that ever happens) and nothing else.
You know that meme about countries and solving problems ? Well D.Va is treated the French way:
Problem → lots of angry people (on both sides) in the streets forums → ProblemS

4 Likes

I don’t find it a bad change tbh.

One of my biggest issues with Dva was the lack of a clear role. Instead was she a generalist who could be played in most team comps.

This buff might give her a more clear role, one that the devs can keep in mind if they balance Dva. It may also lead to Dva having better synergy with heroes with a similar role.

I would like to see how this work out.

Me waking up and realizing yup, it’s still whack.

You and I both know this will not address her current issues. She’ll either continue to be buffed and buffed and then when she claws herself to viability, boosters cooldown will be the first thing that gets nerfed because “now me can’t shake D.Va off” or she’ll continue to be literally soldier tier but without his apparently exquisite winrate. Cause he’s doing really well.
3 Likes

No. Nobody likes bastion.

1 Like

Why is everyone so adamant on characters getting buffs. This is why people are concerned about power creep. As much as you guys think it’s not an issue, and it might not be in most ranks, it 100% is in GM and mid to high masters. Mei is by far the biggest biproduct of characters getting these “small” buffs over time, only to NEVER get nerfed later on.

A genuine “buff” to DVa which would actually be nice would to be allow her to eat Sigma rock. Though i feel like you guys already playtested this, or at least i hope considered it at least.

1 Like

So Dva gets 3 seconds and Winston will not? Even as a test I don’t think it would make him broke, but get away from Reaper, Hanzo and Mei more easily.

And I don’t even see how this is the first thing that comes in mind as a first buff at all, why would she need more booster speed overall?
The problem was never that she could not get a Support or finish off a DPS or whatever, help a teammate for example.

At least in my mind she’s just too easy to get out of mech and I’d also love if the Matrix was a little longer again, since it was only nerfed because of Goats in the first place.

Honestly I’d take Dva Winston Dive as viable option against Sigma Orisa.

My idea would look like:
DVA
Increase Dva Armor by 50.
Decrease her Critical Hitbox by 5-10%
Increase her matrix to 12m. (10m before)
WINSTON
Increase Armor by 50.
Decrease Critical Hitbox by 5-10%
BRIGITTE
Give her another Healing Pack.
Since it’s so easy to get countered with good teamplay and switching to long range / spam heroes it’s so hard to keep up inspire sometimes.
HANZO
Why does he need so many Storm Arrows again, I know it was already reduced once but still removing 1-2 and he would still be good.

And if you don’t wanna consider anything I’d take 3s cooldown for both mobility abilities on these tanks and I seriously think it would not break the game.

she dont needed those nerfs???

dive was a must pick, with no any posibility to play low movement heros.
now dva is not viable because you have massive powerfull heros on close range like hanzo, mcree, mei , reaper , sigma , orisa.

nerf those heros and dva will be a good pick again… WE CANT CONTINUE BUFFING ALL HEROS ON THE GAME!

1 Like

As someone who enjoys playing Winston a bit, primarily for Widow hunting, I’d very much like to see this granted to him too. So many times I jump to the Widow only for her to GRAPPLE away instantly, and I end up losing her. Perhaps that’s a me problem, and I just need to get better at Winston, but it’s also something that I see quite a bit.

Winston simply either cannot evade fast enough or he cannot keep up to the more mobile heroes that he is trying to kill. (From my perspective – Queue the “You are incorrect” replies)

1 Like

Dive was absolutely not a must pick out of the pro scene.
In GM, it was played 40% of the time vs 33% for Rein Deathball. That’s the ONLY tier where Dive was above Deathball. D.Va herself capped at 50% pickrate, as she could play with any tank. For comparison, current Rein is at 61% over every tier, and even Hanzo is higher in GM…

As for “no possibility to play low movement heros,” then why was the second most played DPS Soldier: 76?
https://www.omnicmeta.com/blog/overwatch_hero_meta_report_pc_mar_22_2018.html

Reaper is well off-meta in GM and that had no effect on D.Va. McCree isn’t meta either. Orisa is worse than she was when she was considered trash tier. And in the list of heroes you mentionned, the only hero that should counter D.Va is Mei.

4 Likes

on time of dive meta i was on master and almost all matchs were against dive.

and you said that orisa is trash now??? just go and watch the twitch matchs of the gm players.

Yet Dive in Master was played as much as Rein Deathball, that is a third of the time.

She got nerfed a bunch and her powerlevel is lower than when she was considered trash.
Could be that people were wrong, could also be that every other tank got nerfed so much she’s above them now.

D.Va got double sledge hammer nerfed when she absolutely didn’t need it.
Reverting/compensating those nerfs has NOTHING to do with power creep.

7 Likes

Exactly.
Dva only got nerfed because of trying to remove Goats, and since we got 2/2/2 it should at least be a little reverted.
Kinda like the idea of having 3s on Dva Boosters and I wish Winston got 3s on his Jump as well.

Would be a good thing to have more mobile tanks against many enemy DPS.
Not only to dive them but also to protect your teammates.

I’m not sure but I think it would not? hurt if both tanks had like 50 more armor or at least a 5-10% smaller critical Hitbox.

Or if Hanzo got another Storm Arrow removed, I know it only happened recently but it’s still so damn strong.

Dva has bad damage output and 2 seconds of defenses before she gets shot of the meka. What the heck am I going to use that mobility for??

This is beyond frustrating blizzard. Haven’t you seen all the complaints with queue times? You can’t afford to have any single tank be as bad as Dva is. Fix the issues. There’s literally thousands of posts on it. Literally no one has ever suggested a booster buff, so pick something else.

3 Likes

Orisa is still blatantly overpowered right now. Halt and Fortify still need massive nerfs.

1 Like

This team are beyond help if they think this trash buff is going to help D.Va.

Half the fricken roster counters her, and her mech and DM are both ineffective garbage. And their bright idea is more boosters.

2 Likes
https://imgur.com/a/iXudV85