STILL No Fix For Ongoing PS5 Framerate Issues

No fix, no support, no mention whatsoever.

I won’t go into a ton of extra detail here since this issue has been thoroughly described in numerous forum and Reddit posts, but Overwatch is not working on PS5 for many people. For me, this framerate bug only cropped up once Season 12 dropped, but I can find dozens of accounts describing identical experiences across the internet dating back to 2022.

Finally got a video of it tonight:
https://youtu.be/9Q9lC6vKCwU?feature=shared

I know nothing about how this stuff works, but to my eyes it looks like it’s related to loading textures and game assets, especially since the worst moments are during load in, respawn, and kill cams (and many textures continue to look… underbaked after they’ve loaded in). Particle effects seem to grind the entire game to a halt, as well as in-match menus and character selection screens.

DO NOTE that this is a relatively mild example, as it’s truly so bad during matches as a player that I had to record this as a spectator in order to not disrupt a match through forced inactivity.

Blizzard, please, please don’t turn me into a conspiracy theorist. I honestly wouldn’t do well in that scene. Just explicitly acknowledge and then fix this so I don’t have to go on thinking that y’all are deprioritizing Overwatch support for PS5 issues now that Microsoft is your daddy.

1 Like

I am also having this same issue on ps5 and is progressively getting worse. The issue happens during kill cams and eventually happens mid-team fights causing my character to run aimlessly.

I agree with all the details in the original post. It is the exact same issue.

1 Like

Just saw this in the most recent patch notes:

Fixed an issue that caused large FPS drops at the start and end of matches on PlayStation® 5 consoles.

But I can confirm this has not resolved the issue, which was still just as bad as recently as last night (9/10). The problem is not only present at the beginning and end of matches anymore, but increasingly during games as well (see video clip). The same phenomenon is leading to overheating as well (replicated on two different consoles), which is leading me to believe that something about the graphics rendering for PS5 is poorly optimized and taking way too much processing power.

Is it the new weather settings and all corresponding lighting/shadows on all the assets and textures? No clue.

But this is still very much a thing.

1 Like

I feel like a crazy person but I am now on my THIRD brand new PS5 and it’s still happening as recently as this morning.