Still no 3-2-1, eh?

Because that mode was trash for a lot of tank/sup players.

Any tank that wasn’t zarya/ball felt pretty bad to me and dealing with triple flanker cheese as support made me want to uninstall.

1 Like

Agreed, and Winston didn’t even get many changes for 132. I think he got some more of his HP converted into armour and that’s about it, but he worked pretty well.

D.Va did look pretty janky, but I don’t play her in 222 and I didn’t play her in 132, so I don’t know how they’d fix that. If it even was a genuine problem and not just my mistaken impressions, anyway.

1 Like

No I literally JUST got out of the game. Tanks are on the left, damage heroes in the middle, supports on the right.

1 Like

Yeah. They changed it from DPS Tank Support to Tank DPS Support.
Hence the confusion about it.

if you were playing tank you have just yourself to get tank feedback from, i played mostly healer and got to hear a lot of feedback from a lot of tanks IN the experimental, like 100 games worth. you should have been absolutely dominating the games with winston. winstons were the S-tier pick, and they had an insanely high win average for the mode

The huge majority of my friend list consists of Tank and Support players and we were talking about it a lot.

One of the largest concerns of the Tank players was, that they wouldn’t be able to play with their other Tank buddies anymore, while Supports mostly complained that having 3 DPS after you and no Off-Tank to peel for you is a horrible experience.

Both are very valid concerns and I don’t see any possible way to fix it.

Also I don’t want to feel like a “Raid Boss”.
I want a well balanced game and I doubt that cutting the number of Tanks down to 1 can deliver that.

1 Like

But when people say 321, the “2” is the number of supports. If people really were using the DPS-Tank-Support format, they’d say 312.

I think the real explanation is that some people prefer the sound of 321, regardless of any confusion it might cause.

Why not just play Open Queue?

And realistically, I dont believe the argument that 222 increased dps wait times, except for very selfish players. Obviously queue times are longer, but let’s say before 222, you joined a game and 2 or 3 other people pick DPS. You CAN still choose DPS, but probably decrease your teams chances of winning…or you can suck it up and play tank/support. If you actually valued a balanced team comp and winning, you’d pick what the team needs. So theoretically, even with less queue times, I doubt all DPS mains were getting to play DPS in every single game…Which means they still had long wait times to get into a game where they could play DPS without throwing.

The only difference with 222 is that now you are guaranteed a DPS spot every match, and arent stuck flexing in-between.

2 Likes

No, i’ve seen plenty of tank mains happy about it.
Support mains hated 1-2-3. That’s why it didn’t go through.

You want 321? OK, quadruple every Tank’s HP pool, defensive abilities, and their damage. If I’m going to be hyper focused literally every fight with no tank to back me up, then I need to be a real tank, not DPS with less range, double health, but 5 times the hitbox.

1 Like

3-2-1 is just admiting they can’t make fun tanks and just give up on the option.

If they want tanks and support to get more play they should make more of them, make more fun ones and add more unique ones in term of special abilities.

It’s not a surprise the queue times are dps>support>tanks considering dps are self depnetend, unique and have ton of options, then support considering they have totally different kits with totally different uses and then tanks considering this role is super unbalanced, repeat the same abilities over an over and over and isn’t self reliant at all.

Only when hog became meta the role had a bit more players considering how self reliant Hog is.

I mean, there’s a reason why dps considered to be so fun and why out of the tank role Hammond & Roadhog are considered as the most fun tanks while in support it’s Ana & Moira.

They just need to understand what’s fun and what the game needs and combine them into a hero- but don’t give up on a role because they don’t know the solution yet…

2 Likes

Yeah, and the off tank role dies.

Genius move.

2 Likes

3 tanks, 2 DPS and 1 support ain’t fixin’ jack.

1 Like

Maybe waiting for all the tank players to die, because no one wants to put up with that 321 bs

1 Like

By fix you mean make worse ?

1 Like

A bigger group of people didn’t like it than those who did.

If they implement a wildly unpopular change, it’ll only worsen the problem its meant to solve.

“What needs to be done.” And who determines that? You?

It’s a bad change, one that, even when I was playing DPS, made the game feel not like Overwatch.

1 Like

It was a mixed bag for tanks, actually. There were many tanks who liked it, and many others who didn’t. This reflected what they said about internal testing. Some tanks like the spotlight, others feel like it puts too much pressure on them.

1 Like

I think it’s just a bad split to have tanks based of shields or not shields.

Shields supposed to be a tool to deal with medium-long range low damage.
That’s about it.

That’s the first clue the balance of the category is super bad. when the difference is by a utility kind not by other factors.
supports can be split by more utility or more healing
dps can be split by high damage or high kill pontetial- all have something that is better either that part or that part.
Only tanks are split by good or less good…

I think that in a balanced game the split should have been engagement tank and fight tanks. one is very good before the fight starts to help your team get the range they need and one is better in the team fight itself.

Just think about it, if you have enough damage or play close enough shields don’t really do anything… (but they do block aoe healing from some reason)

1 Like

tank mains love being slaves to dps mains, that is why the role of tank is thriving

i can only imagine how much supports didnt enjoy it, i was a support main in the past and sadly doesnt matter if i am playing support or tank there is usually one dps who thinks i just exist to make them happy

2 Likes