Still funny that an in-game charm cost more then real life 1

reddit post: ^https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/yf9w5o/it_cost_me_less_to_buy_this_charm_in_real_life/

Quick summary:

aka real life OW2 anime squid keychain = $5

In-Game OW2 anime squid Charm = $7

7 Likes

The Powerlifting Bundle is a test to this honestly. $10 for 1 Souvenir and 1 Weapon Charm. Would you buy 1 Souvenir or 1 Weapon Charm for $10? If it was 2 Weapon Charms, I would. I don’t even understand why Souvenirs are even a thing still.

…in-game one has a durability bonus, immune to dirt & grime & the un-aging prefix though… :thinking:

Gotta fill up the BP with stuff :smirk:

2 Likes

I don’t understand, why would I want an anime squid keychain? I don’t even have any keys

They are stupidly easy to whip out in zbrush, makes for easy BP filler. Hell most of them right now are just reused map props. Same with weapon charms.

1 Like

Maybe the interns or entry level artists are making these in blender or something. Who knows. Give them something to do I guess.

1 Like

You think that two weapon charms are worth half of what a legendary skin is being charged for?

Most of them are reused asseteds. The jack o lantern is straight off a reaper skin.

They’re not worth anything since we used to get these things for free in OW1 but I’ll pay $5 for a weapon charm.

I think they would have better luck if they actually try selling weapon skins like silver or bronze (keep the gold for Comp)

… Uh maybe shouldn’t give them more ideas for monetisation :sweat_smile:

Where was that irl charm produced?

It is on the Jinx store so my guess is it was from Blizzard.

I don’t even know how to use them :pensive:

I honestly hate these cheap crap like charms that were made to fill bp hates th in apex hate them here.

There is a new Emote for Reaper: 500
Black Cat Charm: 700
1 Souvenir + 1 Charm bundle: 1000 (SAME PRICE AS THE NEW REAPER SKIN LOL)

I’m gonna buy one just to tape it to my screen and spite this horrible monetization practice

They’re basically just another version of emotes. You add them to an emote slot.

1 Like

Wait the emote slots? I thought it was like, a new button input or something oop. Shows how many braincells I have

1 Like

Dw, took me a minute to figure it out too. Which makes me wonder what the point is in calling them souvenirs. I mean they’re global emotes any hero can use, but still.

1 Like

Meanwhile I am doing the Reaper Slug Emote in Real Life for Free.

:man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: