State of Sombra

I want to know what you guys think. Does she need any nerfs? Buffs? Personally, I think they need to give hacked a shorter cool down. Maybe 6 seconds instead of 8?

Buffs, but not to make her and being hacked feel too oppressive

8 Likes

She needs a rework. Her entire kit is unreliable and she depends to much on her team.

8 Likes

but then the hack duration should also be decreased as it is 6 seconds, would allow perma hack on some characters

I dont know but good god I felt weak playing her recently. So much down time for a meh Ult that needs actual team work to get any value (unless u solo ult a zen or something)

I wont be playing her anytime soon.

Make her reload faster so her gun is reliable, her entire kit has so many delays already and her gun takes a century to reload.

1 Like
3 Likes

No. CC is abundant.

Sombra needs to go on the opposite direction. Less hack, more DPS-sy, otherwise she’ll never be allowed to be in a good spot for ladder without turning into the devil’s spawn like Mei.

1 Like

Long story short. They buffed her the wrong way and now she still isnt good but we are scared to ask for more, considering the history of the devs ending up making her worse than before in an attempt to “buff”.

Sombra is like Bastion. Because of how Bastion’s kit works, he either is 100% good or 100% terrible. Because of how Sombra’s kit works, she is either 100% oppressive (warranting community complaints and therefore nerfs ) or 100% garbage. I feel a rework is required, but I think they said they wouldn’t rework anymore heroes.

1 Like

I don’t think she’ll be getting any buffs unless it’s through a complete rework. Her kit is not very liked. Only thing I’d like now is her base movement speed increased to match Tracer/Genji since she’s a flanker too.

1 Like

I completely disagree but I play in plat-diamond so maybe it’s different in higher/lower levels
I think she’s balanced at the moment not in need of anything, I’m usually able to box other dps and make good team plays with EMP

She was in a fairly decent spot.

But now that Echo is here and she’s not affected by Sombra, and since her kit is pretty busted, she’s going to be trash again. :joy:

Regardless, I say this as someone with 300+ hours on Sombra. Never ever buff hack, ever.

Scrap infinite stealth. Give me the ability to contest points and move +75% faster. No one wanted that to be infinite, anyways…

in my opinion, I never thought she was bad. In my opinion she shouldn’t be touched. she is great at countering picks. for instance seh is number 1 counter to ball. she also counters d.va. good at countering dive. as well as countering metas with powerful ults. for instance she was great during goats cause she countered them.

so basically power creep. if a meta comes where she counters she will be played

Personally, if I could have one buff for her, get rid of that 2 second cooldown for being damaged while hacking. It serves no practical purpose and it’s awkward. Either that or give a damage threshold before Hack breaks, 20-25 damage or so, but I think getting rid of the cooldown would be the easier route.

1 Like

Didnt they fix hack interactions with Echo to cancel her abilities?

Nope.

It’s intentional. :confused:

Thats inconsistent and dumb. Hack cancels button press passives. Echos flight works just like Mercys.

Apparently not.

Which is why I feel like they want Echo to be uncontested and busted.

hack and stealth are countered by bad luck, your translocator can become a death trap, no one gives a **** about hacked enemys and your weapon works only well on tanks and even if you ignore these issues you still have to pray every EMP that your team isn’t totally useless and gets **** done. You can play incredible good … if your team can’t keep up with you you are useless.