Stacks have no place in competitive

Just got into one of my many games where I get stuck with a toxic group.

They proceed to team up and flame other members then end up leaving as a trio. Not only do they have massive skill disparities and promote boosting, but they are unhealthy.

10 Likes

Creating stereotypes isn’t a good thing.

Sure there could be a skill gap, though you can’t just tell the devs to remove a feature that allows you to play with friends in a game.
Wasn’t like a game made to have fun?

Yeah sure, it’s a competitive game.
So why don’t you group up beforehand to prevent the issue yourself?

6 Likes

Yeah soloq only mode would fix a lot of problems for ranked.

And the toxic groups where friends enable each other to be mean disappearing would be a personal favorite of mine.

Edit: nvm i forgot then people wouldn’t be able to have fun with their friends in COMPETITIVE mode. My bad casual Andy forgot about you.

3 Likes

am I not allowed to practice synergies with my team or parts of my team for tournaments because you’re incapable of finding a group yourself? Am I supposed to go to QP to practice? Do I have to schedule a scrim every time I want to practice with my OT because its inconvenient for you? Just find a group and play the game the way it was meant to be played.

6 Likes

it would be worse because problem is you can’t play with friends and then there will be more people who complain about solo queueing and saying that they are losing because their teammates are bad, especially in the lower ranks. I suggest you just close chat lol.

1 Like

you could be a condescending ignoramus or you could add meaningfully to the conversation.

I’ve always wished they would have two separate comp modes, team queue and solo queue. Would make solo queuing far less toxic when all the grouped up elo boosters can’t be in your games anymore.

1 Like

There’s literally no downside to an optional solo queue. well, only longer queue times for stacks that definitely only want a „competitive“ experience :laughing::laughing:

and i would go even further: for ranked, offer only solo-queue or 6-stack-premade-queue.

2 Likes

If I couldn’t stack I’d immediately leave this game. Solo q is trash.

You can say I’m boosted but I solo q all the way to masters. I’ll play in a stack in every game. You remove that ability. Game dies.

Solo q will always be the worst way to play any game.

It’s true for siege. It’s true for valorant. it’s true for rogue company. It’s true for cs and Overwatch is no different.

1 Like

Bro you’re talking about practicing in comp? You for real? That’s not what the game mode is for rofl

2 Likes

I think the opposite. a 6 stack should be HOW ranked is played.

But your example sounds like a horrible experience. But some bad people shouldn’t mean all stacks are bad

3 Likes

A slightly argumentative way to put it, but you are right.

4 Likes

Nah you’re bugging comp isn’t for practicing synergies with your friends. There’s literally other game modes for that.

You want to practice for your tournaments do it somewhere else. I’m sorry ranked is the most convenient place for you to practice but it’s not the place homie. You wanna play in tournaments do the leg work to form TEAM PRACTICES. That’s not my or anyone else’s problem but yours bro. No one is telling you to play in a tournament but yourself sorry bud agreeing with this selfish rhetoric is troll

1 Like

Literally every game you play you are practicing. Even the best players use ranked to either chill or practice.

Without sounding rude, it comes off as a “if you don’t play how I play, you shouldn’t be allowed”

There are many ways to skin a cat.

5 Likes

Nah man you’re missing the point.

1. Deciding to Play ranked there by practicing.

2. Going into comp specifically to practice.

One of these two is not queuing up for comp in good faith and should not be used to justify the position posed by your buddy.

Edit: All I ask of somewho queues up is they try to the best of their ability to win the game.

Yes my vision of comp excludes many people but in no way is it unreasonable. If you want to call me a gatekeeper fine I’ll die on this hill.

I think you are just looking to create a difference to rationalise your annoyance.

Neither of those 2 things are different. If you are playing ranked, every game you play is practice.

I am always practicing but trying my best to win. I don’t see why they can’t go hand in hand.

5 Likes

Okay you’re right intentions don’t matter only results got it.

No I just think your mind set will only lead you to get tilted and be toxic towards others who aren’t sweaty tryharding as much as you’d like.

5 Likes

Nah I’m actually super positive during games with many other users who can support this claim.

I stand by what I said comp isn’t a practice mode.

You can learn and become a better player by playing comp yes.

But if you are queuing up to specifically practicing you are disrespecting everyone who queued up treating that game seriously.

It’s patently selfish.

1 Like

I couldn’t disagree more.

You aren’t practicing if you aren’t trying to win. So I don’t see how they aren’t meeting your requirements of trying…

3 Likes

Because as soon as their teammate doesn’t swap to exactly what they want they start throwing.

Maybe not you but I’m willing to bet everything I own decoy snail and his OT buddy have laughed in a discord call as they soft threw a “practice “ game.