Spawncamping fix plz

Okay so, I’m just putting this out there and maybe someone on the dev team will see it. Please for the love of all that is good, fix the issue with spawn campers! I mean, not only is it no fun and underhanded but how on Earth are you gonna justify being that team who walks up to the enemy spawn and standing there so they can’t leave at all? Like, I’ve had many games where the whole team just sits outside the start and as soon as we leave, we die. There is no going around, busting through them or anything like that because they are simply sitting on us with a Bastion or something mowing us down the moment we exit spawn. Blizzard: please make a barrier or something that prevents teams from doing this! You want your game to be fun but you are letting this continue. It makes me not want to play your games when you let things like this happen.

Perhaps making a hero switch to support your team will reduce spawncamping odds.

Oops. Did I say “support”? I’m not sure if you’re familiar with this.

9 Likes

Just a single pick is usually enough to stop spawn camping which is why the strategy isn’t really viable.

7 Likes

Well, there IS a barrier, that’s why they can’t shoot you in the spawn.

Yes, I think it’s a poor sportsman play to spawn camp, and I think it shows you’re afraid to let the team actually play against you, but Overwatch is full of bad sports.

If they want to spawn camp, especially as a team, play sombra and sneak through to the payload or point and start the timer… you may actually get it, I’ve done it.
Sit a couple shield tanks and a bastion at the door, you’ll take a few of them out and they’ll have to make it all the way back from their spawn.
Run a hammond right through them to the point.
Play symm, put a teleporter behind them and flank with a bunch of turrets before they realize.
Play reaper, teleport behind them and start blasting.

There ARE plays you can make, you just have to learn them.

I do wish there was an incentive to not push to opposing spawn. I had many winning games lost because my team tried to camp enemy spawn only for the Distance disadvantage to cause a snowball of problems.

If they allowed total invulnerability behind the spawn Barrier, there would be no problems

Now that’s a reach. team spawn camping / spawn holding simply gives you 1 or two extra fights on that objective, especially payload maps.

it’s a genuine strategy that works. You just need to use teamwork for it to work and to breakthrough it.

Wouldnt call it poor sportsmanship at all.

3 Likes

Agree to disagree, I guess. It shows either a superiority complex or a fear, either way saying, “we’re not letting you set up to even start the game”.
When a solo player hides outside your spawn waiting, it’s a cheap shot.
None of these are being a good sport about the game.

1 Like

There is no spawn-camping problem in general. Given roughly equally skilled teams, you just need to get a pick on one or two spawn-campers to start a snowball of spawn advantage (you spawn right there, they spawn far away).

When they are in a tight unpickable bunker, you just need to go around them and take the objective. A strong defensive bunker combo will be very weak when attacking an objective.

Most likely the problem you’re seeing is a smurf problem. When people of vastly greater skill are allowed to play against unskilled players, then just two or three players can hold a whole team in spawn, and at that point it stops mattering if you get a pick or two or find a way around because they can always beat you whatever you do.

1 Like

I’m assuming your SR isnt all too high (If you play competitive)

Never have i had teammates go 'nah, lets give them a chance to potentially take our sr by not spawncamping them)

Bc with your logic, you may as well make a post about how double shield tanks is cheap because it means the dps cant shoot the squishies behind them

Because this isnt an issue for like 99.99% of the community.
The fact your team isnt able to use the spawn protection to their advantage is totally on them.

maybe give us some replay codes of this happening so we can point out how it happened and what you and your team couldve done to change the situation.

3 Likes

Think of it as having extreme spawn advantage.

1 Like

Pepega

2 Likes

enemy: spawncamp

me: sombrero online. ezcap

3 Likes

They used to make spawncamping a reportable offense in FPS games. On the same tier as trolling/harassment.

Oh how far we’ve fallen.

As you get better it stops being “spawn camping” and becomes “holding close” as a tactic. Usually done on after the first 2 rounds in comp when the clock is lower at the start.

So many games my team is doing great holding the choke for a couple of fights then get a bit full of themselves and push the next fight back to the enemy spawn and then it all goes horribly wrong. If you are holding the choke each fight then STAY AND FIGHT AT THE CHOKE for the next fights too - you are better than they are AT THE CHOKE!

Spamming “come back” or “fight the choke” has no effect as the mist of glory has clouded their minds.

I always feel sorry for new players in skirmish where spawn camping is common. Their first experience of the game is being stuck in spawn with 4-6 players outside killing them as soon as their toe gets outside. I wonder how many people think that’s what the game is like and just go get a refund.

Spawn camping in skirmish is just another form of bullying. I think a lot of people that were bullied when young feel empowered when doing it in a game. I hang back at the nearest choke and wait for the enemy to come there.

1 Like

How do you wanna fix it? It´s just another way to win this. If you can´t leave spawn - just take bastion and clean your entrance in no time, while some Sombra/Tracer can sneak out of other entrance and speedrush to the point to distract them and make them to retreat. I mean, it´s not that hard.

2 Likes

when you are getting spawn camped you are so much in the advantage its crazy, you have infinite healing via spawn, you have LITERAL immortality via the spawn, you have the ability to switch to what ever hero to counter what they are using to spawn camp you. if you get spawn camped just dont, i know it doesnt sound helpful but like what more do you want? you already have every single tool you need to deal with spawn campers

there is a barrier already stopping people from entering your spawn god damn this has to be a troll post

post like these are why no one at blizz reads the forums

I don’t recall the last spawncamp I got, but I aknowledge the lower the sr, more smurfs stomping. Conclusion: fix smurfing, which will fix spawncamping.

1 Like

I hate camping too but there’s no real solution to it. All games have campers