South Australian latency increase (90 ms)

ive had 90-120 ping for a month or 2 now and blizzard dont want to do anything about it its the aws server on the 9th / 10th hop the request times out ive contacted my isp 2 times they done tests sent it to network team they say everything is fine on there end fix the server i want to play overwatch its been out for like a month and a half if not more. Another guy had the same problem and u locked the thread. pse2 OCE network bug - #18 by RantoGeast-1659

2 Likes

I’m also having this issue, seems to be a widespread thing in South Australia.
I’ve raised tickets and I’m being told it’s at the top hat but my ISP is saying it’s with an increase in latency at an AWS hop and Blizzard need to discuss with Amazon??

I don’t know how to get this fixed…

2 Likes

ye i had 2-3 tickets with my isp and raised it to the engineer then to the network team or something then they said its nothing on there end etc i want blizzard to look into the AWS server connection or something ive never had 90 ping before its always been around 45-55 on every game ive played for years then suddenly it jumped to 90-120 1.5-2 months ago or so. Yeah its like talking to a brick wall ive almost given up gone back to playing LoL because OW ranked is unplayable on anything that requires aim now.

1 Like

Just kind of assuming that it won’t get fixed lol…it sounds like a pairing issue between 2 servers but nobody wants to look into it

1 Like

Just checked my ping today its finally gone down by about 20 or so down to 60 but it fluctuates sometimes better than its been in months though so its playable finally now for me check if it is for u now it might be a bit better

1 Like

Nope, still at 80-90ms for most games. 45ms for the rest lol

1 Like

I love that weeks after they locked the thread the problem is still occurring and the same guys are complaining still - I literally had to pay money for a VPN to get around the lag, what a joke blizzard support is.

Does using a VPN get you back to ~45ms?

Looks like it might be from other countries too however…check these out. One just got posted

Yeah the VPN locks it at about 40ms, but randomly it might spike and everyone will freeze for a split second but then it returns to normal. It spiking like that is literally more playable than it is for me here in SA if I don’t VPN.

My ping issue in South Australia has been resolved as of 5/18/2019 9:00pm ACST.

1 Like

Did you sort out through your ISP? - I have checked and I have no change to my latency issue.

Everyone on the forums have said the ISP’s are no help and that the ISP’s say its on blizzards end. Just randomly out of nowhere it’s fixed, I have no idea why or how. I couldn’t bare another month and a half of that ping issue, I hope it randomly fixes itself for you.

1 Like

Hey you three,

It looks like you folks may be reporting a resurgence of a latency increase in South Australia. You were on a north american player’s thread which was entirely unrelated, so I moved you here.

The issue you linked to in what is now the first post of this thread was a mass issue for a TON of australian players which was resolved. We were able to see it with our internal tools as everybody’s latency went back to normal. Since you weren’t helped by the fix, something else must be going on.

Can we get winMTRs from each of you to look for more problems? We aren’t currently aware of any issues, but if there’s something going on we’ll definitely want to look for it.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~
1 Like
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                             192.168.0.1 -    0 |  330 |  330 |    0 |    0 |   29 |    0 |

|           adl1-l101.bng.optusnet.com.au -    0 |  330 |  330 |    7 |    8 |   37 |    7 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   67 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   67 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|         te0-1-1-0.o6lxpr01.optus.net.au -    0 |  330 |  330 |   37 |   38 |   69 |   37 |

|                           52.95.219.104 -    0 |  330 |  330 |   36 |   37 |   76 |   36 |

|                          54.240.192.255 -    0 |  330 |  330 |   59 |   60 |   80 |   62 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Did you need any additional tests liked a tracert?

A traceroute would actually be helpful. This winMTR has the majority of the test blocked unfortunately. Judging from the report your latency should only be about 60 ms though. Let’s run a traceroute while your latency is particularly bad and see if we can find anything.

We also need more tests. Unfortunately when we suspect a routing issue, we need enough data from enough users to point to a common problem. With just a single WinMTR there’s not much help we can provide.

I actually changed ISP and the issue is resolved :slight_smile: