Sound bug on patch 1.41

same here. super annoying. i tried reinstalling because I thought something was messed up on my end but its an in game bug. reaaaaallll annoying.

Im having the same problem… BLIZZARD HELP US

1 Like

It’s 4:30 PM @ Blizz, I wonder if they’ll send out a patch today before they’re done for the day :<

Same issue here, sad that it’s taking this long for them to fix a literally game-breaking problem.

5 Likes

Same here. I thought I was going crazy. Its weird though because when I play junkerstein it is okay though.

1 Like

Same here, tried both repair and reinstall. Neither worked. Will probably wait until fixed, the game is borderline unplayable.

1 Like

Having the same problem. Have to imagine a lot more people have it as well, but just haven’t posted here.

1 Like

I’ve been having this problem, too. I literally died to a silent RIP-Tire during a Hanzo on Widow duel during a deathmatch. The ult voice line, revving sound, and the explosion never made any sounds whatsoever.

The game has become eerily quiet. Funny, given this came with the Halloween update.

Talked to someone from CS and he said “As of right now, we don’t have a clue” when they’ll get it fixed.

Unbelievable. They’ve been doing events like this more than three years and they still can’t figure out how to test their updates to make sure problems like this don’t happen.

4 Likes

we don’t have a clue means it could take longer than tomorrow… probably will.

1 Like

Maybe they weren’t having the problem when they tested it? Maybe the bug occurred upon releasing the update? It’s possible a part of the code got corrupted when they prepped it for release and never noticed. Accidents happen. All that matters is that it sounds like they’re trying to find a way to fix it.

1 Like

i’m afraid not. people have been reporting this very same bug on the PTR the whole month :confused:

1 Like

I have the same problem, please fix it.

Same issue, 100% unplayable. Please fix this asap

I cant believe this hasn’t been fixed.

1 Like

Papa Jeff giveth and taketh. We must have FAITH on this blessed Halloween Terror event that the Overwatch team in their infinite, unnerfed Mercy will endow is with a fix to this issue that plagues us.

I was only noticing ults at first but after the patch now it’s everything is delayed or doesn’t play. As someone who relies on sound for the game, it’s currently unplayable.

1 Like

yep, just to add my acc to the poll of sound problems, please fix this soooooon

Do you guys not have sound cards?
(jk, I have this problem too. I tried to change sound settings, still nothing)

1 Like

That’s the thing, this was a known problem, people noticed it in the PTR and reported it. All for nothing, apparently.

IMO, this is going to take a while unless some high-profile streamer or pro player has the same issue.

4 Likes