[SOUND] Ana's shots are unreasonably loud

Hi,

So after coming onto Overwatch for the first time today I was warming up in the training range and switched to ana, upon doing this my ears almost died, but more seriously her left click and ADS shots were about 10x louder than usual, and the only way to get them back to normal level was lowering the overwall game SFX to a point where I basically could not hear anything, other than the ana shots, I tested out some of the other heroes and the only things that were much louder than they should be were Ana’s shots and her sleep, and roadhogs rightclick spreading out.

This has only started happening since the small bug fix patch, not since the Ashe patch all together.

I have tried reinstalling OW, reinstalling my Audio drivers, restarting my PC, trying then installing the PTR and seeing how it was on there, messing with my sound settings on widows etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

35 Likes

I noticed the same thing too, also roadhogs right click is also way too loud as well, possible bug?

2 Likes

I imagine so, for me, and seemingly others, its Ana’s hipfire, and scoped shots and sleep, roadhogs alt fire, and lucio boop, but I have to imagine its some kind of bug since its affecting a fair few amount of people.

1 Like

Got the same problem… Couldn’t find any solution so far :confused:

Yes, this is what I noticed too. It makes playing her unbearable.

I havn’t played ana since the patch but I have the Roadhog right click issue. It’s a piercing noise that makes it impossible to play.

Yepp, the sound is unbearably loud! I had to lower the ingame sound effect which is really annoying cos then i cant hear all the other things going on proparly. As mentioned above, anas scooped shot (also non-scooped, but not as loud) and Lucios bump. Both my headset and my ears are taking a blast everytime i shoot!

Please fix this, I cant play Ana anymore with this sound !

Having the same issue, I can’t play on a GM level if I have to lower my sound effects which is half my awareness personally. The shot sound effects are absurdly loud and is putting me off my zone.

same issue please help

Same issue, and the lucio’s right click is also too loud.

Im having the same issue! It doesnt help that I have to already have my game “loud” because I’m hard of hearing, but any time i switch to Ana I have to swap right off. Ive tried lowering the volume but it makes the game unplayable at such low volume levels, so I’ve resorted to just playing Moira instead of Ana.

Edit: I looked on Reddit and people have suggested turning master volume to max and scale the sound effects down. It’s not the best fix and its still louder, but its more reasonable

Yah noticed it too, I thought my computer was buggy but no this is the game and it needs to get fixed quick!

wow, well my issue is the other way around, since the latest patch, I can play any char fine, until I change to Ana, once I shoot with Ana my sound goes dim, like if i’d be playing in the bathroom or something, it’s super annoying! Also happens randomly with Lucio :confused:

guess no comp for a while then…

10 chars … thought u said ashe

Yep. She is unplayable for me now. Please fix it soon!!!

I too have the same sound problems with Ana, Lucio and Roadhog.

i had this bug to its very annoying

Same issue, only played Ana though. So I can’t say anthing about the other heros mentioned in this thread. But really makes it unplayable with sound:(