Sorry, we were unable to log you in

I have seen some other players have this problem. Im waiting in the queue to get in, and at the end of the line I meet the words in the title and press LOGIN. I get sent back of the line and the whole process starts over again. Funnily enough, I was playing normally, got kicked out in the middle of the game (which had also happened multiple times before) and all of a sudden I can’t get back in.

20 Likes

Same issue here. Logged in I had 4000 in front of me got to 0 and game made me download authenticator app and boom. Back of the line.

6 Likes

Yep it’s happening to a lot of players for the past couple of hours, earlier today there weren’t any issues like this (as far as I know of). I don’t understand why Blizzard hasn’t addressed this yet, I mean surely they have full staff working on fixing these things but where is the communication team that actively talks to the playerbase and lets us know what is going on?

Idk why there is such radiosilence.

11 Likes

Same issue here ive been trying to queue since 7 am i got in to my account no longer having characters and then i tried to restart and haven been able to get in since

2 Likes

Me too. I am unable to log into Overwatch 2. The message says “SORRY, WE ARE UNABLE TO LOG YOU IN”. This is after I wait through the Queue. I have no problem with WOW or Diablo.

7 Likes

same issue and i feel this wouldn’t suck as bad if they were atleast upfront and say 'hey guys this might take us a few to fix, blank blank and blank is the issue and is being worked on. take a break and come back in a day or 2 and things might be running better"

i didn’t expect the launch to go 100% smoothly… issues are common on launch days and u cant predict everything

just communicate with ur community

6 Likes

this is happening to me too i actually don’t care if I need to wait 5 hours just LET ME WAIT

what a great launch they’ve had… lol

2 Likes

I’ve been trying since 3pm yesterday to today and always 0 in front and then boom, back of the line. The game is highly anticipated and they knew that, with years, months, weeks to prepare and now this. Its their MO tho, launch after launch. I just requested my watchpoint payment of $39.99 refunded to me. This shouldn’t be happening to owners of OW1. The rest of the new players doing the F2P should wait, not us seasoned players who have remained faithful and spent $$$ and time. I guess the saying is true…
“everything can be hacked… and everyone :smiling_imp:”"
shame on them!

3 Likes

Yeah they really crapped the bed on this one.

I feel the same way been trying since yesterday as well bought the watchpoint pack pre beta. Was forced to merge my console and PC accounts (didn’t mind at the time). Linked my phone number ect. And I still have not been able to join. Just a whole lotta bc-153 ect.

1 Like

I had the same issue but this fixed it!: Deleted the battle.net folder. Launched battle.net which forced it to reinstall itself and game updates etc. Im in the game now.

Here is a link to Blizz own guide on how to delete the folder. Follow closely. Might help you.

Deleting Battle.net Files - Blizzard Support

This appears to be for PC players,… sending “SOS” for us console players please! :white_flag: :white_flag: we have no choice with server / battle.net files / folders… etc etc… just plain ol waiting! Unless someone have a bright idea!

3 Likes

I am seeing the same issue on PC I just tried the battle.net folder delete and it was a no go. This is some real BS!!

1 Like

I finally got in. I just pressed “log in” for ages until it worked and I entered the game.

1 Like

yep, same here, been trying for like 2 hours, with no succes, just getting to the back of the line over and over, nice job blizzard

Yeah this is exactly the type of situations they had loads of time to prepare for. I don’t understand how it’s still going on.

30h i try to connect on login simulator 2 . Please blizzard rename this game

3 Likes

I managed to finally get in when I didn’t alt tab OW while in queue. It may be part of the DDOS protection but just leave OW open and in focus while in queue.

1 Like

Same for me here 130pm PST. This happened last night and is back again today. Pretty sad this is still happening after excuses like DDoS and “other” issues. Just call it what is it, another failure to ship a working product; Add it to the list of garbage like WCIII, wait for stability and come back when things work. Comp games when half the teams disco and you also get DC’d is absurd.