Sooooo... OW2 no longer will have PvE?

As of this week when AndyB confirmed they haven’t, they haven’t.

They’re just releasing PVP first.

4 Likes

Source, please? 20 chars

I don’t remember cause

Must’ve not seen it then. Timestamp, please?

Andy is one of the playtesters and confirms that PvE is still being developed.

3 Likes

They 100% did not drop PvE. Thats an absurd statement. There’s no way they’d build 70% of the hype for the game around pve then just cancel it.

6 Likes

I don’t know the time cause I didn’t watch the trailer

I think they decoupled the production of PVP and PVE because they needed something now probably because the investors were forcing them to release something. PVE is still probably the most worked on aspect of their total production.

If only people are willing to do a little bit of research. Sigh

6 Likes

That wouldn’t be new in game development, you know?

Wait, how do you know they hinted at PvE in the trailer then? :thinking:

“Decouple” doesn’t mean “Still being worked on”.

I’m still too suspicious of Big Bee until I see the actual PvE game being actively supported, and not just released and forgotten about.

?

Yes it does? It means “We’re no longer releasing the PVP and the PVE together. We will release the PVP first, then the PVE.”
Enough with the conspiracies.

4 Likes

This pretty well confirms that PVE is far from dropped lol

1 Like

It’s not a conspiracy. It’s a game company who has lost the trust of part of their playerbase. Or have you forgotten about their latest release?

Until I see actual non-behind the curtains stuff about PvE, I’ll take anything they say with a grain of salt.

No it is. You’re literally just imagining things.

Different teams :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I never said I did :face_with_monocle:

I started losing faith in OW when someone from Blizz replied me an email in which they stated all decisions about balancing and content are taken between the developers and a select group of pro players on a closed Discord channel, and there was no mention of listening to the community.

From then on it was a downward spiral. Until I see a PvE part of the game released and not set aside for them to focus on PvP (which is what will bring them money), I’m skeptical of whatever they state.

Andy playtesting the PvE portion of the game only proves they have PvE content stored. No release date, no information, no nothing. Even the June 16th event talks about, and I quote, “our plan for the months ahead, including the next PvP Beta!”, with no mention of PvE once again.

What I am most afraid of is purchasing the PvE mode and it quickly being disregarded by Blizzard soon after the release in favour of the PvP mode. It’ll most likely cost about 80 of my country’s currency and if I pay that much for a game that will be left to the wind after 6 months, I’ll never trust Big Bee again.

I don’t know what to tell you man. We gave you bunch of proof that PvE is still happening, even from the director himself. If you don’t wanna buy, then don’t. OW2’s PvP is free anyway. Noone is holding you hostage here…

so pay when it releases?

you don’t have to pay for the pvp so… unless we get like a battle pass kind of deal but most likely they’ll hold on that one until PvE releases, most likely the “surprise” founder’s pack is exactly that, you get the first battle pass for free

Bruuuuuuh

They seperated pvp and e to work on them both seperately