Somvra's suggestions for Sombra. 💟

Like never, ever Never?

1 Like

It’s not just them, think of any triple A title over the last 5 years that have made a significant change to the game and down right removed/reverted it completely.

2 Likes

Oh. Neat. Thanks.

My idea got a lot of friction though.

1 Like

I like the new hack2.0 as it feels extremely smooth and fluent, but what I dislike is the hack being put on that 2 second cooldown.

1 Like

It’s completely normal, as long as you kept a positive and respectful attitude, then you already won that friction.

I can think of several.

Riot fixing Fiora’s redesigned look to match the original, and then making a public announcement that they were wrong and messed up and that as an industry leader they shouldn’t be so ‘my way or the highway’ especially for something as simple as cosmetics, much less gameplay.

Destiny 2 announced to be reverting their changes to weapon classes that they initially introduced to distance themselves from the first game.

Nintendo’s entire opinion on Smash Bros being an eSport, and making Smash Bros Ultimate be almost entirely eSport ready.

Call of Duty removing quickscopes in Black Ops, readding quickscopes with a penalty in Black Ops, to just readding quickscopes again in later games.

There’s a lot of examples of backtracking if you dig deep enough. It just takes an immense swallowing of pride, which is unlikely to happen for Overwatch.

2 Likes

Indeed!~
Both ideas are really great!
Anything to help our princesa Sombra! X’D

1 Like

I liked the .65 second hack too, but before the los checks and the grace period removal, .65 was fast enough to cause problems with latency in which reins were being hacked through shields and people were being hacked around corners.

With that being said their “band-aid” style solution was to add the horrible 2 second delay, los checks and remove the .1 sec grace period, which opened up the current can of worms that is Sombra’s numerous bugs.

1 Like

Gamefreak saying the Pokemon main series would never be on anything other than handheld, and yet the Switch version is confirmed for the next two years.

1 Like

Being positive and respectful doesn’t win arguments. Naysayers have a much stronger influence on players by either playing on people’s fears, or just incredulously denying everything you’re saying with their own anecdotes that don’t amount to anything (but in there eyes, is definitive proof) and getting other people that share a same opinion to reaffirm that belief.

Friction from naysaying is the worst.

1 Like

Oh man, this thread really came to life again! Yay! :heart_eyes:

#FixSombra

1 Like

Those are good examples, but I meant numerical balance changes within one games lifespan. I.E.

State at launch X. Balances (X-5). Later re-balance (X+5) to end exactly were they started.

Basically if a gun does too much damage so they take away 5 damage per bullet, only to give exactly 5 back at at later time. I’ve never personally seen that.

1 Like

Soldier 76 was almost exactly that. He went from 20 damage per shot with virtually no spread, down to 17 with spread, and then back up to 19 with a tiny bit of spread.

1 Like

I know of a lot of example that are close but not statistically perfect reverts.

I’m also pretty sure soldier launched at 17 max, went up to 20, then down to 19 which is what we have now.

2 Likes

Oh, huh… I mis-remembered that.

1 Like

It’s fine it doesn’t matter, my point of it all is a statistically perfect revert,or a nearly perfect revert is what Sombra needs, which unfortunately we’ll never get

1 Like

Yes, anything to help our hacker. :purple_heart:

They fixed her LoS in the same patch that they added the cooldown. In all opinion they need to remove the cooldown and test it out on the PTR.

It did, if only I can resurrect my other two threads :thinking:

How being a Sombra main feels like:

3 Likes