So...more legendary skins this year than any other year...?

Respectfully, this statement disrespects the time, craft, and effort that our art team pours into creating new cosmetics for the game.

It may not be the content you want, however it is content and represents the hard work of a team of very talented artists. Even these new look Legendary skins required work from all aspects of the art pipeline.

27 Likes

It’s amazing art, but it isn’t more game to play. It’s just a matter of definition and not a judgement upon anything.

5 Likes

Please do not charge 3000 currency for white iterations of pre-existing skins such as Blackhardt or Witch. These skins have been in the game for years at 1000 currency, 3000 for these would not be reasonable.

4 Likes

Wow, so is this going 2 be 6 skins per the 3 weeks, or is it only the 6 skins throughout the entire thing?

This right here is y I try my best 2 respect what is added into the game. (It’s difficult 4 me 2 appreciate the skins that have my top hated color of Pink, but that’s just me) This and the fact that we do have a lack of content. Better to have little content than none at all. (Reaper shrug)

Remixed rein better don’t @ me

Sure, I get that, but there’s better ways you can communicate that sentiment without diminishing the work of dozens of hard working artists, producers, and QA professionals.

I believe in you

10 Likes

But just to confirm, these skins were included when you talked about “more legendary skins”?
Cause if so, that is a real bummer. I was actually excited to see what we could expect, but now I am thinking that it will be 90% recolors with a handful of new ones far and few between

3 Likes

This is not the case.

We’re not ready to divulge more details than that at this time.

21 Likes

Thanks for confirming!
And don’t get me wrong, I do like the recolors! It’s a nice shake-up, but just want to manage my expectations a bit.

Blizzard are a company well known for their honesty, integrity, competence and skilled leadership

4 Likes

The best part is that Mercy’s wings are blue,I would’ve cried if you kept them yellow like Sugarplum.

3 Likes

I have never had an issue with the quality of the art teams work in regards to the cosmetic content we get. As a matter of fact, I feel strongly that the skins (among other cosmetic content) we get are generally industry leading, incredible pieces of work. However, I feel strongly that cosmetic items are best served as supplementary content. As you have assured us many times, I know the team is aware the games needs more playable content (i.e. heroes, maps, modes, etc.), but I think the sentiment here is that we all feel strongly that stuff cannot come soon enough.

Andy, I sense the main thing is that we are all just anxiously awaiting the arrival of the OW2 Beta, and getting things like this just feels a little less exciting in comparison to a lot of people. That said, we know the date is set for the Beta and we just need to be patient. If you want to read between the lines of the negativity here, a lot of it just comes down to that people are passionate about the game and the world the team has created, and we are just excited at the prospect of getting new stuff to play.

The skins here do look awesome, and I very much respect the decision to bundle the three events into one so that the team can get the things we want in our hands even sooner. This is good to help us close the distance between now and April 26th, and I look forward to earning this Mercy skin!

Thanks for the awesome communication Andy.

8 Likes

You guys want new skins???
We got you!!!

Heres the big idea…
We take 6 popular skins…

AND MAKE THEM ALL WHITE!!! GENIUS!!!

17 Likes

Cant wait to Vol 2 to get Remix white beach Torbjorn

3 Likes

Oh wow, the same exact thing we are told every time from the overwatch time. How shocking.

12 Likes

I mean, you’re the PR professional and all, I’m not…

but it seems obvious that some customers are going to be disappointed when you state ‘more legendaries than ever this year’, then the first thing they see are a dozen recolours and ‘no more info, sorry’

expectation management…

this is pretty close to blaming the customer for not liking the product

(personally I rather like the mercy skin…)

27 Likes

Read the room, Andy. We’re sick of getting nothing but skins as “content”

Skins don’t refresh gameplay. Skins don’t make the game fun again.

22 Likes

I just wanna know if I’ll ever get my sweet, sweet Marammat skin

Respectfully AndyB, the lack of engaging content for the last few years disrespects the time, money, and effort the community has poured into this game.

Given Blizzard’s lack of support for OW, it’s company history and it’s treatment of employees, I’d be careful with who you’re calling out if you’re going to start throwing the term “disrespect” around. What’s that they say about people living in glass houses?

22 Likes

There were 13 weekly challenge “mini-event” skins. This remix event Vol 1 contains the first 3 of those 13: Nano (D.Va), Bastet (Ana), and Medic (Baptiste). The remaining skins are, in chronological order of release:
Brick (Bastion), Dr. Ziegler (Mercy), Mardi Gras (Ashe), Maestro (Sigma), Comic Book (Tracer), Marammat (Symmetra), Kyōgisha (Hanzo), Pachimari (Roadhog), Deadlock (Ashe), and Sandstorm (Cassidy).

Assuming Remix Vol 2 and 3 will also be 3 weeks long with 1-week challenges, and also assuming they continue the re-release of these skins in chronological order, Marammat should be the Week 3 reward for the Vol 3 event.

There’s a handful of assumptions and speculation there, and Blizz may or may not want to do some other promotion to give a second chance for the 4 remaining skins, but I think the odds are in your favor for a second chance at that skin.

3 Likes