Someone please explain why my team had 2

Can someone please explain how my team had 2 lvl 25 players?
The lvl 25 healer apologized ahead of time for ‘not being a good healer.’

imgur com 6j9OQUJ

cause 99% of fresh accounts get placed around gold

6 Likes

For me at Low-Silver to Mid-Gold (Depends on Role and Season) its common to see alot of new Accounts.
Im a old Weekend Solo-Q Casual, so im not suprised.
I usually have 4-8 Players from Lvl 25 - 50 in every Match.

GL & HF Gamers !

When a lvl 25 account says " im new" " im not good sorry" they are gm thriwing games to have a smurf on bronce

3 Likes

It’s true, but so ridiculous. And some even place plat! Then they plummet to where they belong, usually low silver or bronze. You can’t come in as a brand new player and hold your own in gold against players with years of experience. Not when you don’t understand all the abilities and potentially haven’t even played all the maps yet. So they ruin maybe 10-15 games on the way down and their unfortunate 50-75 teammates lose games that could have been winnable if they had a gold that deserved to be there.

2 Likes

The play time/XP experience is not a contributing factor for matchmaking. Given the nature that most players new to Overwatch are average players, the starting SR threshold is around 2350 SR but quickly adjusts based on the first 50 games played.

2 Likes

New players are average?

In many ways… yes. Especially if they bring over any related skills from MOBAs or first-person shooters.

2 Likes

That assumption makes no sense. If someone was new to anything else you wouldn’t put them in an intermediate class. And by doing so it leads to various problems.

6 Likes

It does actually. They aren’t “new” to first person games or mobas, just overwatch. Can you honestly say that your average mid rank call of duty or halo player wouldn’t be able to beat up on bronze players? Average is just that, average and the average new player fits that description so long as they aren’t brand new to games as a whole. Implying that any individual who makes an account is a complete novice with no meaningful ability is just false. That’s like saying any athlete will be absolutely useless in another sport. There are always at least some skills and habits that are transferable.

Now if you want to argue that players should be able to say “I’m new to video games or shooters” and have them start in bronze or even in their own ranks for the first bit (kinda like hearthstone does right now) then that could be a possibility.

1 Like

lol no. They put new accounts in gold because most of the new accounts are smurfs and not actual new players to the game. If it was only actual new players allowed to create new accounts then they would 100% start in bronze.

It is possible but highly unlikely that a legit new player would be able to climb from gold without first dropping to silver or bronze. For example someone with godlike aim like shroud held his own in plat despite knowing nothing about overwatch and its heroes and abilities etc. which have very little in common with most other fps games. But most people aren’t shroud.

2 Likes

these ‘fresh accounts’ that ‘place in gold 99% of the time’ are probably alt accounts of gold-plat players (maybe mediocre diamonds).

A diamond-masters player will easily place in plat at the lowest. Meanwhile GMs usually place plat-diamond. These people climb to their proper ranks in less than 15 games.

It’s a different story if they purposely played bad to get into lowerranks though, but theres really no way for Blizzard to stop that

3 Likes

True you still have to be bad to place in gold. The good smurfs place in plat or diamond. So I find it funny how silver/gold players on here are usually complaining about getting the level 25’s on their team. While the plat/diamond players are always complaining about having to play against them.

3 Likes

I’ve made alt accounts before (as a high masters player) and usually place low plat on dps, high plat on support, and diamond on tank. Doesn’t take me more than a few games to reach masters again. (my alt accounts are for playing on the weekends, late at night or during end of season… or trying new heroes).

Diamond has TONS of actual good smurfs. It’s by far one of the hardest ranks to climb out of if you’re a genuine diamond player (though gold is equally hard but for the opposite reason of there being way too many throwers lol). But if you push through, Masters feels a lot easier in comparison to diamond and you learn so much lol

2 Likes

Yeah sure, keep thinking that all your enemies are GM smurfs =]

1 Like

Dr Disrespect is also a great FPS player but he dropped to silver playing only DPS because he didn’t understand the abilities of the various characters.

2 Likes

100% of new accounts start off at 2350, for each role.

3 Likes

i meant start not place, if ur main is anything above 3k theres no way ur placing below 2900 unless trolling or playing with friends

Yes and no. I wouldn’t be shocked if someone who was 3100 placed around 2800 to start. Especially if they got to diamond off of something other than pure mechanics.

Kinda? If someone is playing seriously and is 3k… and with 5 games they would indeed ramp up quickly but might not get near the 2900 area. That kind of fluctuation wouldn’t start happening until after those placement games. I’m fairly confident in saying they MIGHT make it up to 2600 with winning and stomping all their matches.

I’ll add a bit more context: The most I’ve EVER increased during placements was 125sr on a 5W0L streak. With the way MMR works 5 games may start the volatile state but might take up to 10 games to fully place someone… even with inflated gains from just being a god-tier overwatch player.

2 Likes