Somebody please explain these map changes to me

According to the Official Patch Notes for Season 9:

…there was some changes made to Junkertown, primarily focusing on the first point.

Can somebody explain why these changes were made now, and only on this map, like I’m 8?

And don’t give me the “content creator/esports player said X” excuse, it is AT LEAST 3 weeks too early to be spewing that nonsense, and will lead to you getting muted, especially if you post that without pointing me to where said creator/player said what they said.

I am relatively certain it is because content creator/esports player said X.

In all seriousness, I am pretty sure they just want to prematurely nerf Widowmaker given the rest of the changes in the update fixated at removing kill confirms.

Map wide open. Widow and Pharah too strong on map. Too many Widow ohk on first point. Too hard to kill Widow. Dev like Widow so dev no rework Widow. Dev change another map so they no have to change Widow.

Their literal reasoning:

And finally, a big update for the wild and rowdy Junkertown map is coming this season. The first section of the map (the area by the first checkpoint) is quite open. It can be tough for the offensive team to push the cart through here if the defending team has a Widow or Pharah. So, we’ve replaced the small cover with a trusty, burned-out building. We’ve also replaced the outhouse that was close to the gate with a tall water tower to block the line of sight from the openings above the choke point. Additionally, a few more cars have been added to this area, and the cliffside path has been reduced.

U then say in all seriousness but I think the first thing u said is actually correct… that’s how it always goes

2 Likes

Omg they finally added cover to that map? Oh thank god.