Some Sym changes to make her good and not OP

Hitbox
Reduce hitbox and head hitbox to be more in line with a character her size instead of being oversized in comparison.

Photon Projector (Primary Fire)
Damage from 60 / 120 / 180 to 80 / 120 / 180
Range from 12m to 15m

Teleporter
Activation time from 2s to 1.75s
Cooldown now begins on deployment and freezes at 6 seconds, resuming upon destruction

Sentry Turrets
Now no longer stack slowing effects
Now reveal an enemy for the team as long as the beam is connected

45 Likes

I’m against the hitbox reduction. We don’t need another Ana that uses ad-spam all the time. I would prefer if they just give her 50 hp on top of her shields.

3 Likes

The thing is that her hitbox is way too big for her model, and she is one of, if not the largest 200 HP hero in the game with an over-generous hitbox. She’s simply too easy to hit and unintuitively so. I don’t think 50 HP helps.

The problem is she’s extremely easy to headshot especially given her lack of defenses. 250 HP doesn’t really solve any of her issues.

13 Likes

I actually believe this was an oversight. Symmetra’s hitbox was justified when she had lock-on, but that is no longer the case. Part of the reason she feels so fragile is her excessive hit box in both her head and leg area. Fixing her hit box to normal proportions would be the first thing I would fix.

25 Likes

Why was it justified for lock on?

because having an actual lock on vs having to aim with the same hitbox isnt fair

7 Likes

Wait, are you talking about her new beam? I’m really confused

Before, the player could put all their effort into strafing, crouch spamming, and being as evasive as possible, since aim was a non-factor. Being incredibly evasive, bouncing around your target makes a larger hit box justified.

13 Likes

But can’t she still do that?

her old beam, 2.0, was a lock on- undodgable

4 Likes

thats why sym players want a hitbox reduction

4 Likes

I know but her ad spamming still can happen

She has to aim now. Meaning her ability to disregard aim and bounce around the target without even keeping them on screen is completely gone

10 Likes

if you cant hit a sym, the problem isnt with the game

5 Likes

where the lock-on was in her kit, was more easy to doge cuz you don’t need to aim perfectly to do damage, so just conecting the beam and spam crouch and moving left and right was the way to play in that time.

2 Likes

Ah wait so she had a bigger hitbox because she could spam jump as the aim would lock on then

1 Like

ignoring everything and anything, i still can’t understand this part

yea, we get it, blizzard, you can math, and she’s “symmetrical”

still a horrible balance concept

4 Likes

Yes. So her evasion was higher, and it made her much more annoying up close. She cannot do that now, but her hit box doesn’t reflect those changes.

2 Likes

Yep okay I see, is this also why people have a problem with moira

To a lesser degree. Moira needs a bit of tracking, but yes

2 Likes