Some people are really overreacting about the layoffs

People here are acting like Activision Blizzard went and executed these 800 workers and their families. They’re getting severance and they can always look for another job.

9 Likes

This should be good.

3 Likes

Yeah for real. So what if they lost their livelihoods? So what about the strain it will put on their lives? So what about all they’ve given to this company and the garbage treatment they received in return?

Totally overreacting, right…

23 Likes

Severance is 1-2 weeks for each year of work.
So it’s not really that much.

And it’s not like you can just snap your fingers and have another job.
Looking for a job doesn’t pay the bills.

7 Likes

Strangely enough… I agree with the OP. I let it get under my skin a bit yesterday when people were talking about children going without food and lives being ruined and whatnot.

People lose their jobs every day in the U.S. and around the world. I sympathize with those that lost their jobs but it’s just a job. This wasn’t a tornado that swooped in out of nowhere and destroyed everything they ever had and killed half their friends. They will find new jobs and I wish them well.

2 Likes

Considering I didnt make the thread. Yeah I’d call it an overreaction.

It’s the straw that broke the camels back.

2 Likes

What I find annoying is the fact that:

THESE people do not actually care about the employees, their family, and ‘‘children’’.

They just want the moral high ground - by next week they will find ANOTHER topic to be angry and passionate about. Fake moralists seeking attention.

11 Likes

100% true. Your name is so ridiculous I don’t even know what to say. But your right.

It’s about resentment towards corporate structure. Because just recently Blizzard got rid of one top level blizzard guy gets severance package around 13-15 million then immediately hired a new top level blizzard guy with a sign on bonus around 13-15 million while 800 people got laid off.

So assuming each of those top guys got 13 million, and the people who just got laid off make around 50,000 a year (no clue who they’re laying off, this is just a guessed amount)… they could have skipped those ridiculous severance/bonus packages and saved roughly 500 jobs for a year.

2 Likes

He only got around 3 million and the rest is shares in stock… so it still depends if he can lead the company well.
Plus mostly useless job positions were shortened.

1 Like

I hate when people say this, stop, your not funny or cute. Your a instigator in an already toxic community. Flagged

1 Like

Having a nice night symmain? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just because you aren’t capable of sympathy doesn’t mean others aren’t.

5 Likes

That’s two false flags. That’s bannable y’know. Anyways I hope you have a good night :slight_smile:

The reason for that overreaction is because **** Activision, that’s why. When multibillion company that dodges taxes like it’s Tracer needs to lay off people after their most successful year in history, that’s the only level of argumentation they deserve.

1 Like

High level employee’s usually have some pretty crazy contracts. Joe “marketing department drone” doesn’t really warrant a contract with a golden parachute since his decisions aren’t usually the make/break the company type. Just for perspectives sake. Breaking a contract that states a certain amount of severance for a high level employee most definitely would cost the company MORE than 13-15 million.

I am not saying it’s fair, but it’s not like blizzard is doing something unprecedented or uncommon.

1 Like

Oh I am! I just stay real too. You can tell the only ones that actually write a post use this ‘‘family’’ line followed by some political bs, or attack on the company. So they are just using these employees to feel better.

5 Likes

I really hate the argument that just because something horrible happens all the time that makes it a-ok. “Do you KNOW how many children were mangled by machinery in the industrial revolution? It wasn’t really that big a deal!”

3 Likes

I’ve been laid off before and it doesn’t feel good. The severance isn’t like a retirement fund, it runs out fast.

I hope no one, especially those with families have to go through a layoff.

3 Likes