Some mysterious voicelines for Luna (Paris Map)

Sometimes I like to see what’s in the game’s internal files, but recently I noticed something interesting about Luna, Paris’ Omnic.

Extracting the files there are several unanswered or inactive voice lines (including one with Widowmaker). They have been circulating for years without the possibility of activation:

• Luna: (French): Back again, Madame Guillard? It’s good to see you.
  • Widowmaker: (French): Luna. When you sing… I can almost feel again.
  • Luna: (French): You always request that song, “When It Rains Upon the Seine.” It must be special to you.
  • Widowmaker: (French): A long time ago, it was.

However, I noticed another very strange thing that is only visible if you try to extract the text files: there are vocal lines that are not included in the audio register (or at least, those that I can extract). and I don’t know their subjects well, only by Lunat. I’ll share some of them:

INTERACTION 1

• (File 00000000CA37.071) Luna: (French): You remind me of someone. Another monk, who came in and watched me sing.

• (File 00000000CA38.071) ?: Another Omnic monk? …It couldn’t be.

Zenyatta or Ramattra, surely.

INTERACTION 2

• (File 00000000CA39.071) Luna: (French): Hello, cousin. The cat walks high upon the wall.
  • (File 00000000CA3A.071) ?: I’m sorry, I do not know what cat you speak of.

I have no idea who she’s talking about, is it supposed to be a hero that looks like a cat?

INTERACTION 3

• (File 00000000CA3B.071) Luna: (French): Cabaret Luna is a place for us–where Omnics are not afraid to be themselves.
  • (File 00000000CA3C.071) ?: My brother would have loved this place. As would Mondatta.

Again, Zenyatta or Ramattra.

INTERACTION 4

• (File 00000000CA3D.071) Luna: (French): How rare! I’ve never seen anyone quite like you before.
  • (File 00000000CA3E.071) ?: Thank you! I am one of a kind. Also, I like your ears.

I think she’s talking to Echo or Orisa.

INTERACTION 5

• (File 00000000CA45.071) Luna: (French): The door is that way, darling.
  • (File 00000000CA46.071) ?: I’m already on my way out.

An outlaw? a Junker? a Talon hero? A character who hates omnics?

It’s strange because I can extract all of Luna’s voice lines… but there doesn’t seem to be any trace of the answers for any of the game’s heroes, anywhere. they are just texts still included in the game and readable by extracting the subtitle file. And I don’t know if these lyrics were already in the game for years or if at some point they were going to give new voice lines for the map, before it was eliminated from the QP / Comp modes.

3 Likes