Some helpful advice to announcing changes

Listen, this isn’t about any of the changes in particular. I’m going to use the sombra changes as an example because she’s the character I personally am most familiar with.

So one of the Jeff’s/Geoffs said in an interview recently that he was surprised by the “reaction to the sombra changes being considered a nerf.”
Now, why would people think that?

Well let’s ignore the overall insinuation that the reason sombra had both a low pickrate and win rate was because she was too hard.
Until it hits live, here is what sombra players know:
She is slower now and can’t make jumps she could before
She basically can’t contest points anymore.
You can cancel your translocator now

Now these would be fine trade offs IF we had some indication of what she was capable of now. The only thing anyone has come up with is scouting. That’s not something people know the value of.

If you want people to feel like you know what you are doing, then you should announce things with the capabilities and implications rather than the ones you are taking away. How do these things make her stronger?
Also, you need to answer WHY you are taking things away.
For example:

ok, but How do these changes do that? Why not give her the additional speed? Why not let her contest objectives?
I understand why she can’t on that last one, because you shouldn’t be outed for stealthing because you stepped on the point. But you don’t say that.
I’m saying this to be helpful. The “what we think this will do” section of your posts need work.
Anyway, balance patch is tomorrow.
Do better next time
Sincerely,
S. Squid