Some Additional Hanzo Changes that would greatly help

In my opinion, Hanzo is a fun character but he suffers heavily in a few departments.

1. Mobility
  2. Draw time and Damage
  3. Health

Mobility

Hanzo is slightly above average in mobility. His only main trait currently is wall climbing. Otherwise, he has a pretty large hitbox and easily taken down by high-speed flankers. The main reason for this being is they can fire far more high damaging shots in the period he can only fire 1.

The new “leap” ability will change things greatly as it will give him the mobility he really needs. Though it really depends on how his leap functions. If it is a high arc leap that lets him grab into the 2nd floor easier - fantastic. If it is just a dash leap similar to Genji. Might not be as great.

Either way what ever mobility skill he does have - it should be at a 4s cooldown.
Considering his slow base fire rate and distance this would allow him to be far more mobile and dangerous.

Drawtime and Damage

Another issue is his draw time. On average for a DPS hero they should be able to do 200 damage in 2 seconds. Yet hanzo at 29 damage with a fire rate of 0.6 only does less than 120 damage in 2.4 seconds.

On top of which the arrow travels only around 8 - 9 meters if you rapid fire.

I recommend buffing his base damage to 50 and minimum distance to 10m.

The final issue is his draw speed. Currently, Widow has a faster maximum charge rate than Hanzo’s maximum draw. Which seems pretty unfair considering Hanzo is a projectile user with arc.

His draw speed was long in order to decrease damage output of scatter. Now that his scatter is gone and his new ability has no draw speed. It is time to reduce his drawspeed time.

In Summary

• Cooldown on Leap should be maximum 4 seconds
  • Base damage increased to 50 ( from 29 )
  • Base range should be increased to 10m ( from 7m )
  • Maximum damage should only need a 1s draw

P.S
Before anyone says it.
Developers have confirmed Hanzo has the smallest projectile in the game.

Of course you have evidence of that.

1 Like

Yeah I remembered that wrong my bad

Have a cookie :cookie:

I think the hanzo rework will put him in a better spot, but I’d like it if they added a secondary fire ability where he shoots one arrow that ricochet 2 times. Not like scatter that separates into 7 arrows but just one that you can aim at a wall and would bounce at least on 2 surfaces, and an indicator would pop up while aiming so you can see what direction the initial bounce would go to