Sombras stealth needs to be on a resource meter

You’re more optimistic then me.

I’d be shocked if the buffed Sombra in any way that could affect her in OWL/Contenders play. I’d rather her get some QoL changes that would help her on ladder.

…and a TL revert.

Well

Why not, it’s much better than " security camera " mode

I have these changes for it

1 Stealth on resourses

• max time 6 sec
  • speed + 75%
  • can contest
  • CD between use 1 sec
  • CD to start recover stealth time 2 sec
  • 1 sec without stealth = + 1,5 sec in stealth
  • No collision sound
  • If Sombra take less than 10 dmg she will shine a bit but not come out of stealth
  • If Sombra is not in direct contact with enemy loud of her phrases will decrease from 15 m to 3 m

I think a fair change would be reduce the cooldown to 5 seconds and reset the cooldown if destroyed.

Without this, the game is catering too much to the lowest involvement players using the simplest, safest but weakest tactics.

I don’t get why everyone says “we have to do this because the devs ALWAYS balance around the top” they sure didn’t do that with Sombra.

Sure but in return damage doesn’t knock her out of it.

How about make it so you have to do 25 damage to Sombra to knock her out of stealth

imagine dva not being able to use her defense matrix every 3 seconds or moira not being abnle to piss

I always want to advocate for a in and out of stealth delay to be reduced from 0.7s to 0.5s, and go from there.

I think sombra is fine, shes fairly easy to counter. Get a torb, get a hanzo, or get a mcree for dps, reaper is pretty good too for tanks go zarya, hog, for support go ana, moira, brig. All these heroes can prevent getting hacked and counter sombra in one way or another. Notice how most of these heroes are not ability dependent? Most characters in overwatch require a use of their abilities in one way or another but using characters that rely more on their primary have a much better chance at taking down sombra.

Let me ask you this. Do you notice the difference between sym turrets taking 1 damage to be destroyed and 30?

Sombra is a problem, really?

I never played sym 1.0/2.0 .-.

I like the infinite stealth better; a meter just gave Sombra another thing to worry about. A good Sombra doesn’t stay in stealth long IMO. I use stealth as a speed boost to get to a good position, or chase down weak opponents and be as aggressive as I can. 75% boost would be nice though. :smiley:

No, this is a buff more than anything

I actually think Sombra’s fine as is, but i got curious about this suggestion coming up repeatedly, so i thought i’d try it in the workshop.

10 seconds of stealth = 10 seconds to recharge
No cooldown
75% speed boost

Of course, constantly going in and out of stealth kinda negates the stealth aspect because of her audio cues, if this does get implemented, they’ll have to tone that down by a LOT. As these examples show, you’d have no problem tracking Sombra if this gets implemented.

1 Like

Hajile, good job with the workshop! It’s great seeing people who have put so much time into Sombra trying changes and giving feedback. You’re right though Sombra is way too talky for a meter.

Personally, I don’t like a resource meter for stealth, but appreciate your videos and effort. Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

I’m also pretty happy with her current state. Cheers!

Edit: wouldn’t mind trying wall climb on Sombra like in her short film!