Sombras stealth needs to be on a resource meter

Yep another one of these. Slap stealth on a resource meter with 75% speed again, but allow her to pop in and out of it with 1s cooldown between each use. Maybe speed up the time it takes for her to stealth as well?

11 Likes

I think 1 second cd is way too low
maybe 3 at least

Take in mind she can’t use it while getting shot at because

Well
Her tech fails or something

I would agree if she can’t be detected at all (either by proximity or damage). As long as she can get detected, there is no need for it to be on a meter.

I am for anything that makes her more of an usable dps than just a spy cam only for organized teams.

1 Like

…don’t forget stealth contesting. We lost that in the change too.

Honestly, as much as I think old stealth was better, perm stealth has grown on me so it’s whatever.

The last Translocator change though, that still hurts.

5 Likes

Hello friend
I sometimes still have 4sec muscle memory and I’m like “why didn’t she throw Translocator?” Until I see my cooldown bar

How so?

Seems pretty handy for the cooldown beginning on being thrown rather than when being translocated to the beacon.

Is this because of the use of translocator mainly as a self cleanse?

Personal preference/style difference.

Anytime you chuck a TL, the use it as/before it hits the ground it’s a 2s nerf. That’s all rollouts, grabbing highground, midfight mobility/repositioning, I-frame usage, and cleanses mostly.

Also some high tech TL mind games are out the window now. Throwing a fake aerial TL and canceling it to try and bait out Trans was much more viable when you could chuck another in 2s rather then 6 now. Drop hacks on Rein/Sig/Pharah are a bit more suicidal as well. “Pocket” TL play is gone as well, as anytime you hold TL for 6+ seconds you’re just shooting yourself in the foot, since it could have been down and the cooldown would have refreshed.

It nerfed Sombra’s aggressiveness and ability to stay in and contribute midfight to slightly buff her “get out” play, considering one of her biggest issues is midfight value I’m not a fan of the change.

So much this. That 4s timer was muscle memory, and when things get hectic I still occasionally look away to chuck a TL just to die horribly because it is on 2s.

6 Likes

Seems to be they keep trying to change her kit to make her easier to play.

The “less but speed but stay invisible forever” also caters more to the less aggressive players.

I also find that really annoying as you can never clear an area, Sombra can just be lurking around somewhere and you can’t resolve the fight.

4s would be just enough time to orient yourself, get off a hack, then a mag dump, then throw a TL again.

I suppose if you could somehow launch the TL so it had a 2s flight time from throw to triggering it would break even.

Maybe all that’s needed is to just reduce the cooldown to 5s, as a typical throw time is about 1 second.

Well one problem is as soon as you flit to your TL if it’s in a good spot you kinda need to wait for 4 seconds to redeploy it.

How was that supposed to work out better?

I think you’re looking at the timer JUST before it ticks over to 1 second.

I’ve just finished some testing in the admittedly controlled environment of the Practice range per throwing a TL 25m takes about 1 second then the time it takes to hack then mag dump (I’m not claiming to be a good shot, I’m just mag dumping into the air then turning around to throw back there’s still 1 second remaining on TL.

I think all that TL needs is to reduce the cooldown by a single second, as that 1 second is when Sombra gets ventilated.

Shaving 1 second will even make rollouts the same speed as to have any long range throws you need to have the translocator in the air for at least 1 second before you can trigger it and now the cooldown has ticked down to 4 seconds… it would be effectively identical to the old TL of 4 seconds which begins after triggered.

I don’t understand this question, can you elaborate?

Agreed, it’s not always a 2s difference, sometimes it’s 1.5 or 1 second. I just went with 2 seconds for simplicity’s sake while describing why I vastly preferred the old TL.

…except in situations you throw them cancel a TL. Old TL went on a 2s CD when self canceled.

I think a cast time reduction would be needed then, because the stealth cast time is just so long.

Otherwise, interesting idea!

Only if melee attacks deal 6x damage

1 Like

When you throw a TL in a hiding spot near a health pack then go off and fight then “oh no, am gonna die” and trigger TL so you translocate away. I wanted to run right back to combat as I just picked up a health pack up I’m standing here waiting for a 4 second cooldown so I can put the translocator back in the same spot.

Oh yeah, forgot you’re NOT triggering it.

So only breaks even with a whopping 3 second flight time.

They could just reset the cooldown if you cancel it, I think that would be a fair and simple solution.

I think the two of you are arguing over different things.

Shadow is saying the 2s cooldown increase should be removed.

TREB thinks shadow wants the cooldown be returned to starting after the teleport. That Shadow wants Sombra to go back to waiting in one spot for four seconds after every teleport waiting for her cooldown before she can setup for another run by dropping translocator.

Misunderstanding can be resolved just by saying the devs should remove the 2 second cooldown nerf. Now Sombra can have more midfight presence and still have the option to setup at a safe place further away without increasing her downtime.

The least they could do is bring back that 2s cooldown on a cancelled translocator. Misplacing it hurts like hell now…

1 Like

I’m completely cool with a straight revert, and would happily go back to the cooldown going back to upon use if it meant a 4s/2s cooldown.

That’s the thing though, with her 4s cool down you never really had to stand and wait.

Even if you’re putting it on a pack endlessly, by the time you TL, Hack the pack, restealth, and start heading 10-20m towards your team it was off cooldown anyways and could be chucked back to your pack.

Losing 1s off any TL that doesn’t touch the ground and 3s off aerial fake TLs hurt my playstyle more then was gained from the change.

1 Like

sombra is fine as she is

• she cannot do anything while stealthed
  • the slightest fart breaks her out of stealth
  • there is a delay from when she gets out of stealth
  • she cannot contest while stealthed

Then just ask for the 2s nerf to be reverted rather than the whole TL so we have more options. Sombras already in a bad spot, any nerf would just hurt her.