Sombra's pick rate is back to "normal"

According to Overbuff, Sombra’s pick rate dropped below 0.50%.

Before Her buff back in S9 she had a ~0.55% pick rate and now is even worst, even her gameplay (damage and utility) isn’t as consistent as other DPS heroes.

Could we see any QOL changes for her any time soon?

FYI
overbuff. com/heroes/sombra/trends

8 Likes

Only because i believe it was a knee-jerk reaction, i would like to see the CD on her hack taken away when interrupted. That, fix her bugs, and maybe add 35 damage to EMP.

Of course, I’m just kind of fantasizing at this point, because what Blizzard does is done by themselves and not taken from forums, haha.

3 Likes

I called it. yet the ppl kept saying sompbra is still valuable cuz was used at few times in OWL.

12 Likes

That CD on her hack was really necessary? Land a hack doesn’t mean an instant pickoff.
And her ult is one of the hardest to pull in the game. Sometimes it feels like it takes more time to build than a graviton surge. They could at least lessen the ult gain from hacked health packs by half instead of removing it completely.

1 Like

I got no more hope, Sombra is probably the hero that Blizzard has on its lowest priority list. She has been broken since day 1 with several severe bugs. They gave her a tiny buff in the very beginning and a major buff some time ago. However they quickly decided she was too strong now (whut?) so after two weeks and without even testing on the PTR they nerfed her into the ground again, pushing her stats to an all time low.

Sombra is a hacker and a disrupter, however Blizzard doesn’t want you to play as a hacker or disrupter because that would cause too much problems in the top tier matches and in OWL where all the big money flows. So instead of fixing their hero, they made her absolete, with a bugged unreliable hack, a gun that for 85% of player base is still the same as a cheap water pistol and so on.

Some heroes are supposed to be in the meta all the time, some are agressively pushed out of it. Sad for all Sombra players.

5 Likes

The problem is that her buffs didn’t made her an op/must pick hero/high win rate as most of the community was expecting.

Sure she became strong but not too strong like in the Mercy situation.

Now Sombra is the good old troll pick again… Off course, pro players and OWL can make good use of her kit. But, would you like to have a Sombra in your team?

I find it crazy they use getting hacked as being unfun to play against yet they add a hero in the game that can pretty much keep you in CC lock.

3 Likes

And leave zen with 15 hp? No thank you

Also the CD is needed because sombra could just spam it.
If you want to remove the hack CD bring that time back to .8 seconds

2 Likes

Make it 50 damage, that would be fun. An ult instakilling an enemy :smiley:

5 Likes

I main Sombra, I think i’m pretty good with her but you are right. Sombra in your team is basically bringing the game down to a 5v6 game because very few people know how to use her skill in the right way because she is so hard/broken. The funny thing is that Sombra is actually the one that should turn a fight into 6v5 by disabling a hero. However it’s the other way around.

When I see someone else picking Sombra I’m like ‘ph please know what youre doing’. I wouldn’t call it a troll pick but more of a gambe with the odds being skyhigh against your team.

1 Like

the solo ult zenyatta meta shall return!

The “unfun” to play against argument is so stupid. Is it fun to be bombarded with a granade spam on a chokepoint? Is it fun when a Reaper jumps from the highground on your team while using deathblossom? They treated hack licke it is an easy to win buttom, but you know what? It is not. It simply made bullying with Genji and Tracer punishable, since it took away their movement (still works on Genji, but not on Tracer zipping around).
It´s plain stupid. I have way over 100 hours on Sombra, I know when to engage a fight and when to avoid it. Yet I´m more effective with heroes I barely touched since she is so unreliable. I love how to play her, however it is so frustrating at times…

7 Likes

She’s doing nothing but taking damage if she’s trying and failing to Hack though, it’s already leaving her in a progressively weaker position.

9/10 if you fail the Hack you might as well just abandon the engagement anyway because you’re at a health point deficit against a player with more abilities, more health and more DPS than you.

3 Likes

That’s the point. I was planning to main Sombra in S9 before the nerfs came in. And yet she was never well received by the teammates. I’m not the best Sombra player but I can do something with her.

It’s different like, let’s say, a good Doomfist and a good Sombra. That good Doomfist can be a pain to the enemy team alone. The good Sombra has difficulties and can be annoying but not as impactful as the Doomfist.

When that cast time is short like this, there is no point of stopping trying to hack him

Feels so bad honestly.

I see that that they quickly nerfed Sombra without any form of data, let alone didn’t even put her changes on the PTR.

Feels so bad to be a Sombra Main.

9 Likes

And now, how long will we wait untill something is done?

1 Like

Best part of 2 years, same as Symm, same as Bastion is still waiting.

1 Like

There is no “trying to stop”, it’s just shooting her, what you should be doing anyway.

Wish people would stop pretending it’s something special, like you interrupt then change your focus. That isn’t what happens, it’s just doing what you do against any priority target.

You don’t even need to use a special ability like a stun or knockback like you do to interrupt literally anything else.

1 Like

I do not want to be a prophet of doom, but unfortunately I doubt it.