Sombra's Nerf from a Sombra player

Not true. Granted she’s much more vulnerable, but she still has a chance. Even all that being said, there are plenty of heroes that have hard counters, why is Sombra not allowed to counter anyone?

You don’t get my point. Fact is, hack is one of most powerful abilities in the game. Blizz is trying to avoid another Mercy scenario. Don’t believe me? Right now, hack brings a lot of value with little counter play to the entire team, just like Valk upon release.

If hack was one of the most powerful abilities in the game, why did Sombra see next to no play till after her buff and even before her buff her only real play was not for standard hacking, but for EMP-botting, which was only nerfed in its charge rate. On top of that, Sombra’s pickrate barely budged post buff, unlike Mercy who skyrocketed after her buff, so that argument really doesn’t hold up.

Also, no counterplay? It has all the same counterplay as any other channeled ability on top of also being interrupted by any damage at all. She can literally take 0 damage as long as she’s still hit with a hostile projectile, it’ll be interrupted. That sounds like some pretty heavy counterplay. I don’t know what more you really want.

4 Likes

That happened with Mercy as well, until people figured out how to maximise the Rezzes. Given enough time, Sombra could potentially dominate as she counters nearly all Supports, minus Zen and Moira.

I mean they are barely buffs in the first place, they’ll just make playing her feel smoother, if you press reload then activate invisible you have to re press reload, clunky, when you come out of invisible you also get reload cancelled, same with throwing and later using translocator. The only thing that should cancel reload in Sombra’s kit doesn’t, instead you have to wait out the animation.

1 Like

Here they confirmed it

No it didn’t… Like 2 days after the Mercy buff there were videos up of people teamwiping with her ult AND Rezzing almost their whole team. They aren’t comparable at all. Sombra doesn’t counter the supports any more than any other flanker already does.

2 Likes

This doesn’t only apply to Sombra. Throwing a shield on Orisa cancels her reload speed, it’s there so it leaves you thinking, not just a bug.

No it didn’t.

http s://imgur.com/EviymNd

Her pick rate went up straight away, not shooting up and then crashing like Sombra.

3 Likes

Look, my point is that hack is really powerful and cheap right now. Needs to be toned down. Why don’t you name me a reason it is good for Sombra to shut down enemies so cheaply?

People had 1.5 years time to learn how to utilize Sombra but everyone came to the conclusion that her kit hasn’t enough of an impact. Fact is, hack has counterplay before and after a target is hacked and fact is also that hack does little more than before the buffs - which actually just happened before hack had too little value.

Because that’s literally all she has going for her? Her DPS is mediocre, the rest of her kit offers no in-fight utility, her stealth capabilities are iffy at best, her ult charge has been nerfed and already doesn’t work well without extensive teamplay.

Hack is only “really powerful” against a handful of characters, and there’s no reason it shouldn’t be, against everyone else it just makes a level playing field, that’s it. I agree it needed to be toned down in the form of removing the LoS bypass and the grace period. Not this stupid 2s interruption cooldown.

Indeed, hack has counter play, but ask someone who plays against Sombra how they feel with it and I’m sure they would not say it’s easy.

It’s not about how it feels, it’s about how it is. The facts are that Hack arguably has the MOST counterplay of any ability. Especially with her loss of a grace period.

1 Like

Depends on what you’re playing. Other than Sombra, I like to play Orisa, Pharah, Zen and Tracer and I’d say it’s reasonable for a pure disruptor to be this disruptive.

Truly ? Take Rez and compare it to hack. How easy is it to pull off a successful hack right now and get away with it than pull of a successful Rez ?

I mean if you look at my OP you’ll l see that I don’t disagree with you, in fact I say that an ability can be op without the hero being so, I then went on to elaborate that Sombra’s stats suggest that she isn’t currently OP then suggested couple of “buffs” to go along with the incoming nerfs to avoid taking her pickrate back down to the very bottom of the barrel.
Not once did I ask for the nerfs to be reconsidered, infact I think the Los one is actually fair and needed.

Because the abilities aren’t comparable in the slightest… Disabling someone’s abilities for 6 seconds is not even remotely comparable to restoring a 5v6 to a 6v6. Especially not when one requires actual stuns or a kill to counter it, and one requires a sneeze in their vague direction.

1 Like

It does not give a guaranteed benefit.

youtu.be/AvSGJKZvJJY

They may be used a lot, but most hacks do not get capitalized. If you want to ‘tone it down’ give something in return that guarantees success.

I been suggesting this from the old forum! This makes so much sense.