Sombra's hack ability needs to be changed

The skill is being able to pull off hack without taking 1hp of damage, because that would break it

3 Likes

NGL fam. I don’t agree with OP, but yeah these are all skill based. If you’re caught without your cooldowns on these heroes you’re pretty dead. Learning resource management and dash distance is very important

1 Like

Oh so you chose to completely disregard my point as if I made this statement in a void and not in the context of the OP. Because that’s fair, right?

So you’re claiming that THESE abilities (btw blink you have 3 of them on a 3 second CD, and double jump is infinite) require skill because misusing them puts you in danger, but coming out of stealth to hack, behind enemy lines, is just a walk in the park.

What can I say dude, nice logic.

Point out exactly where I said this

Right where you twisted my words out of context.

I quoted you bud. Can you quote me on that? If not i advise you to not get so riled up

The “amount of skill” is fine, it is no easier or harder to land than any other skill in the game. It has it’s own set of fail conditions. It should have the full cooldown on failure like every other secondary in the game, but doesnt need to be harder to land.

I’m not your bud nor your fam, boy. Mind your tongue else go post pepegas on Twitch, got that?

You quoted me out of context. You took half of the conversation, as if that statement was not addressed to someone.

IF Sombra’s hack is “skilless” then sure as hell blink and the rest of what I mentioned require even less skill. Is that clear enough for you now? Do you have any further difficulties grasping the concept?

It’s already changed. Try to interrupt it sometimes and use ur senses to predict when she’s behind u. Ana’s dart can’t be interrupted and she use it mostly “on luck”, not on prediction.

That’s a really suboptimal way to get your point across…

yeah i agree with OP it needs a big nerf

1 Like

You main D.Va. just use your primary fire in her general direction from across the map. there,Sombra is useless

I quite agree, actually. Also is it just me or do you take more damage when you’re hacked, like it’s a Discord orb? Whenever I get hacked and Sombra inevitably follows up with her little pea-shooter, it always seems to melt me in seconds.

1 Like

No,it does not. Sombra is most likely hitting crits

A) her gun is trash
B) 1 dmg can cancel it
C) if she’s invisible, she has both a slight delay and a directional voice line for you to use as a counterplay
D) you can clearly hear her hacking.

If you want to nerf her hack time and increase it to 1 second or so, fine, but remove the hack reset she gets if she receives damage while hacking.

It doesnt require aim, but it requires set up time because its literally canceled by 1 point of damage. If you make it aim based, then you need to remove the channel time and make it instant, but then tanks suffer even more while mobility based heroes have an almost free pass.

2 Likes

Nah kid, sombra hack takes lesser skill than tracer or Genji movement management. Hack is on a much lower CD than the other two, and you won’t die if you don’t pull of a hack. Again, sombra hack takes a lot of skill, but you can’t compare it to tracer/Genji. What’s more important than just hacking someone, is knowing whom to hack and when to hack. Also whether it would be more beneficial to Hack a health pack or an enemy, and the most important: trans locator placement.

Sombra is a high skill hero, but comparing her to tracer/Genji won’t help you.

1 Like

I also main hammond the hamster

Genji and Tracer both do better in lower ranks. Mid-fight mobility is easier to get value from than Hack.