Sombra's ability Nerfs are blatantly unjust (200+ likes!?!)

I mean, at least it’s not a “30 second cooldown by walking a step backwards while trying to avoid some damage”.

(I’m not suggesting a Mercy buff in case anyone wants to misconstrue my bad joke into something else).

3 Likes

Sorry but the penalty for being shot as Sombra is grossly out of proportion. She literally loses the use of half her kit as well as taking damage.

Hitting Stealth and taking damage straight up applies a CC effect to you, while getting hit while Hacking leaves you as if you’re Hacked yourself.

It is unfair, it is bad design, it’s a massive overreaction and it’s totally unnecessary.

Standing holding RMB in someone waiting for Hack to go through is the biggest misleading bunch of BS talk there is about her. I mean. You’re literally dying while doing nothing at all yourself while trying that. Is that not punishment enough for being so stupid?

20 Likes

By all means, I can see you got wast Sombra experience, please proceed telling us how Fitzy, BadSombra , Danteh and the best Sombra players in the world “just didn’t understand how to play Sombra correctly”

I swear, Sombra is the only hero in the game that can receive major nerfs and an army of casual Sombra “experts” will go “Well, actually, despite me never playing Sombra I can tell you that this is not a nerf because you just play her wrong”

10 Likes

It basically means you have to be sneaky, that you have to be swift. In and out, fast and efficient. And I like how you didn’t even factor in my change to it. I wonder why it’s always you Jessicka, who makes these random arguments without any base in logic.

You do know this was the norm in gm during her 2 weeks of being viable?

It is a nerf, but it doesn’t affect your gameplay at all if you’re playing her the way she was intended to be played. Look at my tweek and repeat your statement. The top Sombra players are prone to abuse unintended mechanics like everyone else. In fact they’re experts at it, that’s why this got changed in the first place. I can tell from personal experience that this mechanic was heavily abused at the top of the ladder. I only wish you could speak from personal experience as well, when using so harsh argumentation.

“In and out” is not a playstyle that works in a team game. The moment you’re out, any advantage you conferred is gone.

7 Likes

Which is why you have to be efficient while doing so. You basically just described why Sombra is struggling in this game. Make her too efficient and she becomes extremely oppressive. Make her too inefficient and you have the issue where you’re not getting enough value.

Oh and fyi; just making a statement like that doesn’t make it true in the way you want it to. You have to provide some reasoning. So before you make your next reply, try giving it some thought.

1 Like

none of these comparisons are even similar whatsoever, none of these abilities get stopped midway through if they’re shot so none of them should go on cooldown if they’re shot.
Are you that bad that you think you should just be allowed to get hack off for free with no skill or thinking? Cause the hack effect is really strong and you should actually have to think when you’re using it instead of just spamming till you get someone

you clearly dont know what an “example” is and are the bus driver to the no sombra fair. Yeah none of them get stopped midway through “now” but “what if” its like that saying walk a mile in someone else’s shoes. If those abilities were canceled just by getting shot they’d be awful abilities and useless pretty much what sombra is going through atm the moment characters she used to be able to hack before the time to activate was lowered are walking away scott free now half the time. Hack isnt as powerful as people make it out to be, they just dont like being hacked because all they have is their primary weapon which is what sombra is forced to use in game constantly. Translocator is an escape, hack is a debuff, and EMP is a team wide debuff. Without debuffing her enemies she is in no position for a fight. almost every character can out damage her so even hacking someone doesnt give her an advantage cause her spread is terrible you basically have to hold the barrel to their head before it does any real damage. Your insulting comments towards other people because you cant make a good argument other then “git gud” only prove this.

1 Like

2 WHOLE WEEKS, where blizzard accidentally added a BUG that let her HACK THROUGH WALLS/COVER near the end of the hack, of course people exploited the heck outta it while it was available and the hot-fix was put in to stop it and never taken out and its whats holding her back. She was never top-tier pick on the old sombra and her only strength came from spaming EMPs through health packs which was removed also. It’s so bad now even top sombra mains like fitzy have started to use other characters, and not just to counter/being countered because people who are aware just shut even pros down and he cant get any hacks off. It’s more reliable to freeze someone with mei and kill them then it is to hack them and try to challenge them to a fight for a few seconds.

1 Like

The penalty needs to be removed or a 13 damage threshold hold needs to be added. That’s the magic number that prevents her from just ignoring torb’s turret, iirc.

3 Likes

Nobody has said anything different?

hacking torbs turret isnt really a priority if your in hack range its faster to just shoot it without damage falloff and you dont need to track it while its jumping so the spread isnt so bad. I picked 25 for two reasons. 1 it gives her a reasonable threshold for such a ludacris nerf to a single character. 2. It’s actually considerable damage to where you can say you actually found her and shot her. Every character can do 30 with a melee so a friendly teammate could bash her to cancel the hack or even 2 soldier bullets almost doubles that with 38 damage on a body shot.

3 Likes

Honestly, a small threshold like 12 would be enough, so spam damage doesn’t just break it, any more than that and turrets are ignored. Then they can increase the cast time back to 0.8. 0.65 is almost as fast as someone’s reaction time. Then they can slightly increase damage and speed.

2 Likes

You really need to improve if you can’t react within 0,65 seconds

I am on console, it takes like 0.3 seconds to turn around, let alone react, aim and shoot

I actually 100% agree with this. Sombra’s hack is so buggy right now, that even without taking damage it’s sometimes really hard to actually get a hack off. Blizzard made this change because they didn’t want to see sombra hacking all the pro tracers in the OWL, and deleting them. I have sombra’s gold weapon, and enjoy playing her. But the amount of bugs she has associated with her, and the hack nerf, a lot of the time makes her annoying and frustrating to play. I whole heartedly agree with your statement, but blizzard never likes to admit they were wrong when changing something (Take mercy). I’m pretty sure, and sad, that sombra will probably remain like this for the forseeable future, until blizz finally realise they need to do something about her very situational pick rate.

6 Likes

The devs tested her being able to ignore Torb’s turret though, and it made her too hard of a counter to him. Currently, he’s also a hero that makes hacking for her more difficult. And I think that should remain.

She’d just hack outside of melee range, and her hack is too quick to expect someone like Mercy to land multiple shots. And she only does 20 damage per bullet. So 25 is too high, imo.

Stray damage, unintentional damage typically comes from high spread weapons that have low individual damage on the pellets. That’s the vast majority of it.

1 Like

turn up your sensitivity?

1 Like

This argument can be applied to every ability in the game. It’s not a question of how many players it can be applied too. It’s a question of value vs fairness. Hacking a single player on a team is a very powerful ability. If its the right target it could be the difference between a win or lost fight.

Once again, cover should not be the only counter to her hack. Folding into your team or using the geometry to block hack or being targeted afterwards should not and cannot be the only means of dealing with an ability that can be used every 8 seconds.

No, hack needed a consistent way to interrupt via damage in an actual measurable way. There needed to be consequences to poor positioning and timing on Sombra’s part. The two second cooldown on damage was a perfect way to do that.

No ability should have a 100% success rate. Just because Rein was born to pin people into walls does not mean it should not be stopable, Just because lucio is suppose to play a beat does not mean the mute control should never work (ironically sombra is the best one for that), Just mercy is suppose to rez does not mean each attempt should result in a teammate being brought back from a mistake.

Outside of the LoS checks needing to be worked on and the animation change I was talking about on damage interrupted hacks she is just fine.

Once again. Hack is an oppressive and powerful ability with a very good range on it. Lucio’s cross-fade, Mercy rez, Rein’s shield are SUPPORTIVE abilities that have no direct effect on the enemy team. Apples and Oranges.

2 Likes