Sombra rework can we get a hint?

all i ever wanted was a recoil pattern to control so i can have more consistent damage based on my own skill…

1 Like

There is still a rush though, otherwise your team will die while you’re essentially afk

1 Like

Especially if she’s still decloaked by 1 damage.

That’s the core issue. 75% of her kit is interrupted by 1 damage.

:joy:

This whole “be invisible, move a little slower but you can do it for longer” doesn’t really matter. You act like you’re just going to run laps around the entire map repeatedly lol. There are going to people shooting in your general direction at points and they can decloak you and put you on a cooldown.

2 Likes

See the backtracking, before this was a buff, now it’s a “change”, now it’s ok because there’s other options.
Now I have to spend more resources and spend more time doing something I could easily do before.
And this is only the tip of the iceberg, there’s many other stuff we can’t do anymore, going past certain chokes will be WAY harder at 50% speed solely because of your movement speed, what if I’m on hanamura attack a and I don’t want to use translocator cooldown just to take a small leap?
I can look at the orissa/junk or whoever is spamming the choke, stealth through their reload animations and go through.
Now the movement speed nerf means that’s gonna be extremely hard or flat out impossible.

The whole appeal of Sombra was that she was a fast acting hero who could quickly disrupt an enemy. Slowing down the gameplay makes her worse.

Sombra has higher dps than Genji. Her ult comes faster and is arguably better than Genji’s. So no, DPS is not her problem. Her problem is all of her abilities have cast time, time restrictions, cooldowns and feel clunky. You waste 30 seconds on a failed assassination attempt on a Zen. That’s Sombra’s problem right now.

Being invis for longer to get decent positioning>being invis for a short amount of time but not accomplishing anything.

Theres a lot of the 2nd thing going on right now with sombra, hence her abysmal winrate.

What? Genji has huge burst potential. Sombra does not

1 Like

Genji has lower “DPS” than pretty much everyone on the roster, but he can deal 200 damage in under a second. Sombra can’t even come close to that.

Read a article earlier something about perma steath & translocator. So she can ingage when it’s good for her.
Don’t know if it’s true or not

1 Like

Honest question - do you actually play Sombra regularly?

Again, when a team is pushing in, using your translocator just to clear a jump that we could previously make before without using it is something concerning.

And rather than understanding that, you’re trying to make the argument that, “Nope, this is entirely 100% better” which makes me REALLY believe that you don’t actually play her.

She’s more forgiving, but you get less value. You can stay invisible for longer, sure. But you also run less, therefore can’t clear gaps. You also can’t contest objectives anymore. You’re still decloaked by 1 damage (as far as we know).

Infinite translocator?..okay. You’re pulling out of the fight, that’s fine. And you have a guaranteed back-up plan if you need to escape. That doesn’t solve affect the fact that lower movement speed in stealth means we can’t clear jumps if we have to use our translocator, especially in the middle of a fight. You still have a cooldown for your cloaking.

Happy medium would be to keep the burst 75% speed for the 3 or 4 seconds so you can still clear gaps. And then it slows down after/

1 Like

That’s a fallacy. It’s actually speeding up the gameplay by not forcing you to translocate back to your team every 6 seconds. That’s my point. It’s better to take one 10 second flank that’s successful than three 6 second flanks to get the same result.

I hope you are joking.

1 Like

Set and forget translocator is a trashy strategy and it’s NOT the sort of gameplay that should be encouraged. Translocator changes should encourage using it for aggressive mobility.

2 Likes

I’m still in shock, too.

“Your subjective opinion is a fallacy”

Like, you’re joking, right?..

Genji has insane burst damage and one of the most scary ults in the game.
Sombra deals alright damage in a extremely long time that she has to aim and track perfectly, while her ult is only a enabler at best and requires you to have perfect positioning, team comp and communication for it.
In the time it takes you to use that ult, which is your only reedemable thing, genji can wipe out several people over and over.
That is why sombra is not picked, she CANNOT perform enough to be relevant compared to everyone else.
Something that this change doesn’t solves, in fact, it makes the problem worse.

1 Like

You’re saying missing out on a few jumps and not being able to contest points is hurting the hero more than infinite invis and translocator helps her?

I’m really starting to see why nobody wins with Sombra.

You’e using anecdotal situations in which new sombra will be worse than old sombra but there are probably a million situations that infinite invis will help more than it will hurt.

There’s NO successful sombra flank.
You are not a tracer.
You are not a genji.
You’re a trashcan that can sometimes shine with emp, you flank to build that little shine and maybe get a hack.
If 14ish seconds aren’t enough for you to do that, an eternity won’t be either.

1 Like

You said the gameplay is slower. That’s not an opinion, that’s something that can be proven true or false.

You don’t have 14 seconds. You have less than 6 to find perfect positioning before the entire enemy team can see you. That usually runs out just when you get to the team. Then you have to translocate all the way back to your team. Not having done anything.