Sombra nerfs weren't even put on PTR

Straight to live without testing how that’s going to affect her.

That’s demoralizing as all Hell. :confused:

160 Likes

It’s not like stuff on PTR really gets changed anyway.

122 Likes

True. I would have rather tested her out on PTR to see if I want to continue playing her in competitive or wait until the possible adjustments to be made. At least then I’d know when I’m getting myself in to.

15 Likes

There’s always quick play.

8 Likes

You actually thought the PTR was for testing, collecting player feedback and making changes accordingly? Ha ha.

112 Likes

Her buff was barely on the PTR either.

8 Likes

WELCOME TO OVERWATCH! WHERE WE REACT SUPER FAST WITHOUT LOOKING AT POSSIBLE DOWNSIDES! LOOK AT BASTION! HIS TANK MODE WAS MADE WEAKER THAN IT WAS BEFORE BECAUSE OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

Also, is your name a reference to Earthbound? PLEASE TELL ME IT IS!

25 Likes

Pretty much. :roll_eyes: But every other nerf was put on PTR for at least 2+ weeks (sub Bastion)

And yes lol. It’s also my last name, but phonetically spelled out.

6 Likes

Knew it. Despite the backlash.

8 Likes

To be fair there is little to actually “test”. Sombra game play really isn’t changing with this. Once the nerf was announced I already started playing her different as if I would be on cool down if interrupted and played things more carefully. End result is status quo for the most part. I’m kinda glad they just put it up there honestly :man_shrugging:t5:

5 Likes

Me too I’m tired of seeing these trash sombra a because she’s easier than before

3 Likes

Putting it to the PTR would only delay any future changes further, the PTR isn’t used for balancing, only bug fixes.

2 Likes

Junkrat nerfs were put on PTR for 2+ weeks

I’m annoyed at the inconsistency of it.

10 Likes

Oh wow I was expecting it to go on PTR so we can see how it works out first.

Actually feels kind of like an FU from Blizz.

5 Likes

Agreed!
They didn’t just say the Mercy nerfs or Junkrat nerfs and go straight to live. They TESTED them…

I knew it was selling out to the Pro players… But no one listens to ol’ Piper…

does old mumbling

9 Likes

Not saying I agree with it, but, I’m pretty sure the devs have stated PTR isn’t meant for balance feedback, its just for bugs.

1 Like

I’m aware of that but honestly that way of doing things sucks.

If Blizzard actually used the PTR for balance feedback, it would be a better game and a happier community.

3 Likes

Okay.

Why were Junkrat’s nerfs on PTR, then?

Or Mercy’s 3+ nerfs/reworks?

Or Doomfist’s changes?

Or Mei’s changes?

Or upcoming Reaper’s changes?

5 Likes

Changing the way hack interacts is huge. They did this to Roadhog and it had to go thru several iterations because it broke so many things. And the 2 second thing is a big deal.

4 Likes

Because those changes required bug testing? Some of the changes you’ve listed are huge, too. I don’t have an answer beyond the devs decide what does and doesn’t need crowd-sourced bug hunting. All I’m telling you is that, according to the developers, none of those PTR updates you’ve listed were there so that the player-base could provide balance feedback.

2 Likes