Sombra Nerf - She's going to be dead

for me, its the damage change. 140 dps, or 175 dps with hack… compared to ow1 160 dps flat. I kind of wish we could just drop the whole hack for damage bit, because with all these at once, this just feels like ow 1 sombra but way worse. but we’ll see after it’s been out for a while.

5 Likes

Sombra should never be META and one of the popular picks. The game is then at a horrible state. Same goes for characters like Bastion or Mei. Its fine for them to be viable, but as soon as they are oppressive, they must get nerfed. The frustration level is just something else.

For the nerfs: they will not kill her. She might need more skill. To run with unlimited trans and unlimited invisibility, with increased speed in the enemy backline, to hack a support while still invisible and then decimate with easy tracking a support while they are silenced with a +40% damage boost… sorry its stupid.

11 Likes

I like you. We should become friends.
But you forgot about Junkrat tho.

3 Likes

Oh no the poor Sombra players! Let me just play a sad song on a tiny violin for you :violin:

12 Likes

And thank god for that :partying_face:

6 Likes

This is bs. As it stands, someone who knows how to play a Sombra well can lock a whole team down. That’s a bit more than just providing kills, and disruption, which is what she and all other dive were designed to do. They weren’t made to single-handedly suppress an enemy team. The nerfs are justified. You’ll be fine.

3 Likes

Sombra players have had to be good in ow1 where we sucked unless you were a top rated player. We can handle weakness better than most.

as a golden weapon Sombra, she needed a nerf desperately. chain hacking sucks to play against. i think these are fair nerfs… aside from maybe the %40 to %25, that might be a bit too much.
we will have to wait and see if she can still secure elims on squishies, maybe it’ll be fine.

this.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t even call her new form weakness. I personally will still enjoy playing her.

I feel some sympathy though. Sombra should have never existed as she does. Her entire character exists to stop other players from having fun and playing the game. Mei used to be like that but they fixed her. Hopefully Sombra can actually fit into the roster with everyone else one day

So she has trade offs finally!

I don’t want to see her dumpstered but she’s the only hero with no counterplay.

She needs this.

2 Likes

If your damage is that bad as Sombra, maybe you’re not as good at Sombra as you think. Her single target damage is INSANE right now.

7 Likes

i think they were referring to her typical OW1 state

u mad bro?

yeah, as long as she can still elim 200hp targets it’ll be fine.

As a support, good!!

Tired of getting shut down, 40% damage debuff and gunned down in seconds.

4 Likes

In OW1 sure. They made the character insanely braindead in OW2 where literally anyone can get value out of her.

1 Like

As long as you’re taking advantage of her single-target potential, you’re getting massive value out of her, whether her damage numbers top the charts or not (They very well can).

Which is a good change because it used to be less than 1% of the community could get value out of her. Nerf all you want, but I better not hear anyone reporting me in the future if she sucks too much. Because anytime sombra is meta, she gets dunpstered hard and fast.

2 Likes

Have to agree, Would like to see her Decloak animation time reduced so I can start shooting faster.

I don’t bother hacking while invisible most of the time, takes to long to come out of the animation and my Spray and pray aim is dog water

Sombra was buffed alot and even with these nerfs, i highly doubt she would be trash tier. Theres so little CC in the game that sombra can flank all the time without having to worry about anything

It’s a little buggy, but you can hack and come out of invisibility at the same time. So hack, then hold it and shoot will take you out and keep the hack going.