Sombra is the worst designed hero

The game is so imbalance that its players think a silent ability is bad design lol

If a game that its characters are designed around ridiculous abilities then silent will have to exist. Or we can just all play CSGO. Damn even COOKIERUN KINGDOM HAS BUNCH OF SILENT ABILITIES.

Silent comes in all kinds of form. Sleep dart is one of them as well. And since the player base of this game thought Ana was skilless while Mercy at her worst no wonder ppl thinks sombra shouldn’t exist.

Hanzo and widow had nothing to do with goats. Goats was played because people realized the potential of aoe heal stacking.

Some people confuse “i dont like to play against this” with being badly designed.

I’ve always been of the opinion that having a hero that is extremely team dependent is bad design, kinda like Symmetra. And it sucks because you want to play these heroes but you can’t because you have to rely on your team to follow up or play with you. :frowning:

Silent is OK, invisible is OK, her ult is OK. All of those things combined with a hack that is a death sentence if she has a team mate around is tilting and just not fun. You must essentially stand there and feed ult charge because you can’t do anything else. Soldier loses the ability to sprint??? No, she ruins this game if she can take away everything about a hero that makes them pretty much just a normal person with a gun. At that point you might as well play CoD.

Did she also eat your babies? Because this is such a dramatic and overblown exaggeration.

1 Like

Explain to us how sombra counters Hanzo or Torb? Cus from how I experience this game sombra has obvious counters and they just completely make her impossible to complete her mission simply by exsisting.

Also this game was supposed to be team reliant. It’s just sad that its players never play the game that way. Sure if blizzard wanna make her work on ladder they have to put her strength in a more independent way but that doesn’t mean sombra is “bad design”.

She is an odd ball, that’s for sure – if you follow Overbuff stats, she’s clearly quite terrible for standard ladder play, but as Jeff Kaplan said in the past, she’s competitively useful/viable in the League.

Personally I think I’d like a re-work where she’s more viable in standard or pub style games, but that’s just my opinion I suppose.

Overwatch is a team based game. You can’t win without teamwork. Sombra fits in amazingly well, she’s designed to be team dependant.

1 Like

she is a unique hero who is fun and is well designed
so no
she is not the worst designed
and she still has good damage and can follow up on her own hacks
just because she isn’t the best in every team comp doesn’t mean she is bad
hack and emp are still the best ability/ult in this game

Blizzard “Let’s design a game with all of these cool heroes with fun abilities”

Also Blizzard “let’s have one of those heroes have the ability to take away those fun abilities from other players”

1 YEAR LATER

also this, sombra is pretty good if the team follows up with her hacks. still it is hard to accomplish in your average random pug games. she does shutdown certain heroes hardcore in overwatch 1 (doomfist and ball). still for carry potential better off picking another dps.

1 Like

Keep in mind that sombra isn’t exactly good at getting solo picks, even at higher levels of play she is mostly poking for ult. Or following up on another teammates aggro.

Her hack is abit of a mix bag, as it basically turns a 1v1 into who can out dps who with the primary. So against soldier she would actually be at a disadvantage. While a tracer or genji are easy pickings if hacked.

Tanks suffer from hack greatly, but are the ones that are the least likely to get hacked to do built in barriers/spread damage.

While supports are mixed bag while hacked.

At least old sombra, her OW2 design puts her in more damage-oriented state.

Where she focuses on single target elims, and info gathering for her team.
if anything, she is more of a functional ninja then genji is.

I feel that sombra is incredibly good in uncoordinated play. She’s the epitome of letting a single player create teamwork. You can see and finish low heal enemies without any callouts from your team. Additionally, you can enable your team through hack, without any real communication.

I think the issue is people get in this mindset that teamwork is all about enabling you rather than seeing what your team is doing and enabling them.

You can create teamwork with no help.

So sad there is no ping system in OW1. It would be a massive buff for current Sombra. It still helps her out a lot in OW2 but it would be way better for her in OW1.

2 Likes