Sombra is the new Mercy

Remember back [PTSD of it intensifies] when Mercy mains were flooding the forum and hijacking every thread about Mercy [COUGHSOVERIECOUGH] ? And half of the forum community took time off of it until they went away?

Yeah, I’m starting to see a similar trend with Sombra players doing that now. Thankfully Sombra isn’t a massively popular hero like Mercy, so I doubt it gets as bad.

6 Likes

More like the forum is getting folded by df mains trying to defend their broken hero.

53 Likes

I don’t really want to get into that. Yeah there’s a lot of talk about Doom, but there isn’t the same selfish clique similarity as we have with Mercy & Sombra.

oh well, sorry that we’re not happy the hero we main was double nerfed even though their pick/win rate is pure garbage?

you need to understand that most sombra mains don’t ask for a lot. a few very small compensation buffs to make up for her nerfs and some small QoL changes would go a long way

end of the day, i’ve given up on her, like i’ve had to do with tracer and d.va. it’s a shame

37 Likes

You realize Mercy mains were saying this type of thing almost word for word back then? lol

I’m just saying, it feels like that crap all over again, but this time it’s Sombra mains.

To be fair, Mercy was reworked and got too OP, was dominant in a Meta and had to be nerfed what made the big Mercy talks on the forum. And the Mercy threads had a “leader”.

Sombra was already slightly underpowered when she got 4 nerfs.

30 Likes

And I get it. I play Mystery Heroes a lot and I can tell that Sombra needs some help. I just hope the Sombra mains don’t lose their minds and hold the forum hostage like Mercy mains did.

1 Like

You must not have been here before the old Sombra buffs and rework. Sombra WAS a flooded topic back on the forums, along with the 40 (pre-Micro Missile) D.Va megathreads.

1 Like

Except the difference between Sombra and Mercy mains like me is that we don’t like the little satisfaction we get from playing Mercy, thus the need for changes, and Sombra is just pure trash right now.

2 Likes

Mercy mains is like a river.
Sombra mains is like a puddle.

There are way more Mercy mains than Sombra mains, and it shows on the forum. I mean, the devs had to create 3 megathreads to contain the Mercy threads, and there isn’t a single megathread about Sombra.

Also, one group complaints are based on stats.
The other groups complaints are based on emotions.

Guess which hero has which.

14 Likes

You do realize Sombra never reached even a fraction of Mercy 2.0 broken-ess? Mercy went from an absolute nightmare dominating every single match across every single skill tier including pro play to decent. Sombra went from decent in GM only and good in pro play to garbage tier everywhere. It’s a blasphemy to even remotely compare us to the Mercy whinner spam travesty.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s fair to compare the literal worst performing hero across every tier with the top request being an actual qol change compared to the most popular hero and previously top performing hero asking for positive buffs/changes

At all

4 Likes

Comparing a hero which was a broken meta defining hero in all ranks to one which struggles to see some play and mentain a positive winrate. Yeah totally comparable.

Its not like Sombra got nerfed because of whiners which complained that shes unfun to play against.

11 Likes

Sombra was needlessly nerfed twice with no explanation or compensation.

Mercy nerfs were needed at the start; Blizzard then continued unnecessarily and made her awful to play as/with.

Don’t act so self righteous. People complained about mercy/sombra nerfs because they were unjust. How about we nerf the hero you play? With no explanation, no valid reason, other than the community hating playing against them.

Let’s see how you like it.

5 Likes

I believe Sombra got nerfed entirely because of OWL

1 Like

Maybe.
If so then the devs are really dumb, because they knew 2-2-2 and a meta change was coming, so this shows a big lack of forsight.

However their dev comment on the nerfs repeating the word “oppressive” makes me think they caved in to whiners.

Either way, both are dumb reasons for a bad decision.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes I cringe at my own kind, even though I’m occasionally guilty of the same

But it’s mostly because people who play Sombra or Mercy tend to be passionate about their heroes

1 Like

I haven’t been paying attention to Sombra mains on the forums but yeah, a lot of those Mercy mains were saying this but it was a flat out lie on their part.

Is this the first time you’ve heard of Sombra in the last 3 years?

Gee, it’s almost as though people like to play them and when you repeatedly get hit with the nerf hammer, over and over and over, it kind of sucks.

2 Likes