Sombra is getting Nerfed (in a good way)

Basically Sombra is getting nerfed, but these changes are reasonable. It’s nice to see a brushstroke instead of a sledgehammer.

4 Likes

So, when sombra can’t get high ground to safely hack people and since it only takes 1 damage to stop her from hacking she’s basically shut down. I’m not sure how that’s a good thing. but ok.

6 Likes

Oh, don’t be so melodramatic. Translocator and Her gun are still things. She just can’t hack for 2 seconds if Hack is interupted by damage, which is perfectly fafir.

2 Likes

so, when she goes to hack and she takes damage again after the 2 seconds, she’s put on another 2 second cooldown. that’s literally from any damage even if it wasn’t meant for her.

2 Likes

Yes, but if she gets damaged unintentionally twice and she’s not ousted, something is wrong on the enemy team and you should be taking advantage anyway.

2 Likes

she can’t be on high ground or behind the enemy team all the time on every single map in the game…

1 Like

Except it conflicts with the entire goal of the Sombra changes to begin with and will leave her with an unreliable Hack ontop of the EMP nerf. And also, the biggest nerf is going to be against heroes like Tracer.

4 Likes

Meanwhile Roadhogs hook gets cancelled due to LOS loss of a 2D sprite that you can walk through.

They need to just make her hack .8s

3 Likes

the worlds best hacker but she needs a break if she takes one damage.

More like she has to grab the bullet womb for a second, stabilize herself, and then get back to Hacking

stop. fall over. starve to death. make my day.

Really? That’s the best you got?

yeah I’m kinda tired rn

Pretty weak tbh. Sleep on it, try again tomorrow. I’ll wait.

EMP got nerfed, so her hack got buffed to compensate.

Now they nerfed her hack.

What was the point of the rework again?

4 Likes

Should’ve just reverted hacking speed.

1 Like

There were other ways they could have gone but I personally see this as adding a skill check. Hack was kinda spammy given it doesn’t go on CD UNTIL you hack someone. At its current speed it is too much with how often you get off a hack. This sounds like its more to adjust the frequency and not speed of the hack. Not as much of an issue if it isn’t happening all the time.

1 Like

I mean, if she had any other offensive ability that’d be 1 thing. But she doesn’t. If her gun was capable of more damage too. Or if, again, hack took more than 1 damage to cancel. Or if it didn’t take her a second to get out of invis which is also canceled by one point of damage. That being said, it’s fine. this makes her place before the team fight, which kinda puts her in a similar place to widow I guess? However, seeing as they did get rid of her ult charge through health packs, you can understand if people think this rework has turned into bliz nerfing an f tier character.

1 Like

Are they also going to fix losing all your ult charge when its fully charged and being hacked? Not even using the ult, just have it fully charged, get hacked, and charge is completely gone.

At least on Lucio anyway, which makes him lose even more than just all his passives and songs, and now his ult charge