Sombra hack needs downtime

solmbra hack is the most useful ability in the game that you can always have active?? cooldown is 6 sec and it lasts for 5 sec. 1 second of downtime on an ability that literally shuts down anyone on the enemy team. just saying the cooldown for hack should go up if it continues to last for 5 whole secconds

2 Likes

Or you could shoot at her or cc her.

14 Likes

if you mean to interupt the hack then she is one of the only heroes where her cooldown will switch if she doesnt land it cause if hack breaks she has 2 secs instead of six. shooting only does something if you catch her mid hack which takes 1 second to get off. good luck ccing once your hacked. im not saying anyhing about the general balance of her since i feel she could use a buff in other areas its just her hack c an be used way to frequently

3 Likes

Play as a team then. You can break her hack with so many thing. If you can’t break it, well I can’t say anything about that.

2 Likes

Without team follow up she still holds little value.

Even if she can be on the oppressive side to tanks but even hacked tanks can still kill her or force her away

4 Likes

You don’t even need to CC her, just literally touch her. There’s a reason Winston, Torbjorn, (and Symm to a degree) counter her.

5 Likes

Sombra is one of the more balanced of heroes. She has cool downs, she can be CC’d (Zarya and Sigma ults, Junk Trap). Her damage is actually fairly balanced. Her main counters are Winston, Torb Turret, Sym Turrets, Zarya beam sweeping, DVA spamming her cannon since its unlimited ammo. What more do you want?

There isn’t a good way to counter Sombra’s hack as a reaction unless you have really fast reflexes. But I don’t think that’s too big of a deal because in ranks where people aren’t used to keeping track of flankers the time to kill is also really high. If you’re hacked you should be fine as long as you don’t panic (a lot of my kills on Sombra are only possible because my hack targets don’t shoot for a few seconds after being hacked. When they don’t panic I am forced to translocate a lot). At higher ranks the hack isn’t as big of a deal because people have a general idea of where the Sombra is going to be coming from and aren’t caught by surprise.

She doesn’t shut down another player completely, you can still use your primary… and since Sombra’s primary is garbage, all she does is level the playing field.

4 Likes

Although, in it of itself her hack ability isn’t very oppressive at lower elos (focusing wrong targets, etc), a somewhat competent player will know when to press Q.

If sombra goes on the match uncontested her ult can easily sway a team fight or downright win games against uncoordinated teams. She’s arguably got one of the most powerful ults in the game and I think that’s where most of the frustrations come from and it’s understandable.

Granted that will only get you so far if your hard locking sombra, and in reality you won’t have a competent sombra in every game until someone makes a youtube video stating she’s meta and then maybe people will see that she just can’t be left to run around doing as she pleases.

Is no one going to point out that the cooldown is 8 seconds, rather than 6 seconds as the OP indicated?

4 Likes

Everyone is ignoring their petty request and countering with proper argumentative reasons to why she is not OP

1 Like

Woah woah woah, her primary does nutty damage but you gota be close. One full clip upclose is like 400 damage just body shots.

But yea lets keep saying shes not op so they dont go messing up my main lol.

1 Like

First off, she’s a DPS. 2nd off, EVERY character does nutty damage at point blank range. Even Pilot Dva deals 98DPS (7shots per second x 14), with no damage fall off and zero recoil. And that’s a tank, after you break her out of her mech. You’re complaining that you can’t aim with your primary and kill a 200 hp target?

Nah man Sombra isn’t one of those heroes that just loses to teamplay. If she was, she wouldnt be so consistent across seasons and metas in OWL but for the most part she has been. Invis allows you to decide how and when to engage which combined with teamplay is guaranteed value. The only reason people on ladder dont complain too much is that both teams, including the team with the Sombra, dont have that level of teamplay, but Sombra’s kit makes her engagements always favor her unless you simply feed. Other heroes arent like that.

Why? Her hack gets interrupted when you hit her with anything and it take like 3to4 second s to get it back

3 Likes

Thank you!

Please list for me characters that Sombra can survive in hugging distance for 3 seconds…

Is this even a request? It depends on player vs player skill. Sombra can survive against any hero point blank if they can land enough headshot damage.

She can easily melt a Roadhog close range, hack him when he drinks, reload and finish him off. Same with Sigma just when he using Vortex.

Winston would be her hardest tank to counter and fight but its doable.

Junk and Torb (only with Turret out) would be the hardest dps in CQC. Mei would be 3rd hardest. The rest would be almost a cake walk.

1 Like

That’s a different person.

2 Likes

So it is… I stand Corrected. My Apologies Shadow

1 Like