Sombra feels incredible

I got a huge hmmmmmmm from this.

7 Likes

What I don’t like about that suggestion is that it’s just another scenario where Zarya becomes indispensable. She’s already everywhere right now and maybe it’s my salty DPS nature but I’m sick of her. Gives this buff to Winston and I’m all in.

1 Like

Maybe they could make it so that EMP doesn’t go through barriers, but only destroys the barrier.

Well if it were based on LoS that gives Winston the best barrier vs Sombra. I think if it affected every barrier though they’d need to up some other facet of the ult because it would get far less value just being a shield popper than it does already. Maybe increase the window of time hacked?

Honestly why not just revert infinite timers and with that you can also revert goats nerfs? I feel like she’d be perfect after that

1 Like

It does feel really good I just don’t like ignoring her actuall problems and just force her out with DMG buffs tbh.

If anybody wants to try out something I think would actually fix some of her Problems I made this a while back: SOMBRA BUFF IDEAS WITH [WORKSHOP] (Shameless self-promotion sorry)

1 Like

Oh boy, buffs to the most anti-fun hero in the game.

2 Likes

Great, a buff to the Mexican fun police

1 Like

can you stop being a victim for once in your life?

1 Like

The problem is her invisibility.

How do you balance an invisible hero who also disables you, so it doesn’t feel frustrating to play against? It’s not easy. People will ALWAYS complaint about an invisible hero killing them, and I think it’s understandable.

I wish Sombra’s design was way different than it is now. We didn’t need an invisible hero, and she could’ve been way more useful.

2 Likes

Tbh invisibility only became a problem when they made the stupid infinite time changes that nobody ask for.

1 Like

They could make it that the first hacked health pack instantly resets her hack. But if u have more than one pack hacked, you get the normal cooldown on the next one.

I know. It was better before, it was up to the player when to become inv and surprise the enemy.

But now with perma inv all a Sombra can expect is being annoying.

1 Like

I don’t know much about this guy but everything I’ve heard points to him being a real piece of trash.

2 Likes

Its a nice change, but it doesn’t address how clunky hack/invis is atm

2 Likes

2.7 degree spread to 2.4 degree spread is incredibly minor. Literally about as small than a projectile’s length.

And damage didn’t go up, but consistency improves slightly.

Pretty much.

You’re either too far from the target and thus experiencing falloff, or you’re wasting too much time trying to hit and kill a target. Or you’re just too cowardly and a sneeze is forcing you back.

Remember that every time you fail to kill a target as Sombra in the middle of a harassment when your team isn’t moving in together, is just more ultimate charge for the Supports.

Clearly. Why waste development time, pay money to hire a voice actor, create an entire backstory, cinematic, and put in so much effort just to make absolutely sure, that she is never, ever played by anyone.

At the moment, EMP has very little counter-play, so there’s very little they can tweak with EMP without it breaking the game. Until that’s resolved, you don’t want EMP to be too strong.

This is hilarious, Sombra’s spread was still lower than Tracer’s at launch and Sombra’s falloff is generally higher than Tracer’s either way you look at it. In terms of output, they’re not too much different between each other. In terms of mobility, that’s where Tracer and Sombra tend to differ greatly. If Sombra players played as aggressively as Tracer players do and can, you would so much complaints.

The problem with the infinite timers is it’s enforcing a style of play that runs counter to what Overwatch’s basic gameplay loops are. You’re not supposed to be retreating, but constantly pushing against defense or aggression. It’s much very like football. Sombra doesn’t work well enough as a hit-and-fade type hero because she lacks the offensive power to so. Her ability to disable targets and teleport around the field or sneak in and cause disruptions very much encourages teamwork and effort, but the effects of her kit’s style is running counter to that.

Again, and again and again it is pointed out that Sombra’s spread on her gun is lower than Tracer’s and pretty much everyone else within the same mobility range. Sombra’s ability to stealth and teleport across the battlefield is unique advantage, but too many players do not take advantage of it and run against the basic fundamentals of her kit.

Correct, save for the Genji/Tracer comment. She’s designed as a flanker, but even Tracer and Genji require team support to lock in those kills, Sombra is no different here.

Again, correct.

The design changes were intentional based on feedback, not because of new players. Getting rid of the timers, would encourage a different type of playstyle, but wouldn’t necessary call for additional changes.

The thing is, the current translocator design is encouraging a lone-wolf, hit-and-run playstyle that runs counter to her kit as disabler and opportunist. She needs to be with her team doing work, not running in solo and retreating when she takes damage. Changing Translocator to be a temporary device with low cooldown (basically a reversion to her original kit design) would encourage a different mindset.

Could probably come up with something here, but a reversion would be a good start.

Feedback wanted it infinite. They didn’t like it being temporary.

Having a stealth character is fine the problem is this community whines too much.

In TF2 as a heavy main good spy players wreck me, so you really have to use your eyes and ears. Same thing applies to Sombra.

7 Likes

That poster is certainly eating his or her cake and having it too.

1 Like

Where you anywhere close to the Internet at the time (atleast stuff that’s Overwatch related)? The backlash was worst the 2-2-2 backlash with only really rare cases of people actually approving it.

Saying the feedback was bad is an understatement people HATED it.

Her infinite uptime on her translocator is a bigger problem than her invisibility. A Sombra with a translocator safely in her backline can’t be punished without hard stuns. They need to put it back on a timer again. Infinite invisibility is fine, it’s actually one of the more balanced parts of her kit, simply because she literally can’t do anything else while invisible.