Sombra and Mercy are in a serious need of buffs

As both a mercy and sombra main this sounds like mass destruction. Sorry, this just wouldn’t work. It’s just too op. I do think Sombra’s kit just needs a little touch-up, but not to that extent. Maybe a cool down for every unsuccessful hack. She shouldn’t be permanently invisible, it’s a waste of time and it’s perfect for trolling. 10 secs was enough for me. Imo, mercy is fine to me. A mass rez sounds way too op and I’m glad I wasn’t able to witness it. (I got the game after she was reworked) Anyways, I hope torb has some major cooldowns or else…

Both my mains :yellow_heart::purple_heart: I love it.

But I agree above, both just need some small tweaking and minor buffs, but other than that, they are both still in a good spot.

1 Like

Sombra is pretty much unplayable on PTR, and mercy…sigh

She is unplayable in either of the versions of the game.

1 Like

I think all Sombra needs is :

• When she activates invi’s she gets 75% movement speed for the first 3-5 seconds, then is slows down to 50% like it is now.

• Maybe buff her damage by like 5-10% OR tighten the spread by 10% more.

• Make her animation faster going in and out of stealth.

• 5 damage threshold for making Sombra get out of stealth.

3 Likes

Honestly, even Codey himself said: “If sombra gets even a slight damage buff, she will be insanely broken” which I agree.

Because her damage is decent and spread can be reduced instead, because her spread, as of now is good against tanks not DPS heroes like soilder or hanzo, most of her bullets fly past them…

So I would suggest lowering the spread by 10-15% but hanzo and soilder mains may cry on that.

2 Likes

SOMBRA

I agree with this, as I still do not know why they nerfed her speed when in stealth to being with.

I like how the current Translocator is at honestly, same goes for the stealth, I just want a small buff to the health of the Translocator… Maybe 30 hp, as for stealth I think they need to revert the speed changes. I still stand firm on that.

I am okay with hack being cancelable, as it allows counter-play. Maybe reducing the cooldown from 2 second to 1 second is all that is needed. Other than that, I just want it to be consistent again… So bug fixes is all that is needed.

MERCY

I like this idea, as I am an odd man as I like both Valk and Mass Rez. As long as the GA mechanics stay in the game as well.

I agree with this, they have an video of Mercy with her old ultimate with a cast time, and it was simply the best.

This… My true and only issue I have with the new Mercy, however, I learn and adapt to the changes…

2 Likes

Is Sombra really unplayable on the PTR? Or is it because everyone is playing Torb?

soombra

sombra most likeky should just get decrease in her spread or improvement to her hack at best.

mercy

she has bigger issue. mercy’s issue is that rezz is holding her back to flurish in OW. either on Q or E it makes it hard for mercy to have second ability that has any impact to the game.

I honestly don’t understand why people think mass rez is OP. Just compare it to any other ult.

A genji can team wipe with the dragon blade, mercy is just the opposite, she can rez the entire team…like what is the difference, DPS get their ult by damaging and Mercy gets her ult by healing.

Dps can team wipe
Mercy can team rez. I don’t understand why people cry on this.

I agree with this… I wouldn’t touch her damage, but her spread can still be alter on the PTR some more.

1 Like

why wouldn’t they be mad that a character with the ability to realistically escape every situation unless they get oneshot can deal comparable damage to a stationary dps like soldier?

sombra’s gun actually deals a very considerable amount of damage but it’s (intentionally) limited by a spread to make it less strong against smaller targets

Torb has always been a soft-counter to Sombra, and I don’t see why that match-up needs to change at all. Especially now with Sombra reeking havoc at the higher leagues of play, Torbjorn’s auto-aim turret is going to be necessary to lockdown areas from Sombra’s hacks.

In general it just looks to me like you don’t want Sombra to have any counterability. Requesting that Sombra’s hack be un-interrupted by any non-beam weapon is wonderfully ridiculous, why should Sombra, who can remain invisible infinitely and almost always have a secure escape out of situations, be also able to get her hack successfully applied to pretty much any target in the game? The whole reason Sombra’s hack is stopped by any amount of damage, regardless of the source, is so that every character in the game has some conventional method to prevent themselves and their teammates from losing their abilities. That’s a wild change you’re asking for, it would absolutely increase Sombra’s power to a ridiculous place.

Mercy isn’t getting a revert, so we can put that one to rest, and I don’t see the 60 HPS coming back. At best we might be met halfway at 55 HPS, but I’d rather see Mercy be given a smaller utility skill. I think her healing is actually in an ideal place relative to other healers and how her kit functions, so I’m hoping this gap in her power can be filled with something that increased Mercy’s depth rather than just make her objectively stronger.

She is unplayable, not only because everyone is playing torb. but also: soilder cancelling hack from miles, pharah 2 shorting sombra, torb’s turret being worse than a 3rd party aimbot (it rotates with such a speed) and torb himself killing sombra while having armour because of his “secondary ability” overload or whatever it’s called which gives him 400 hp = rein

Poor Sombra… I take it that she can’t Hack Torb’s ultimate?

Dps can only team wipe if they’re good. And that only comes every once in a while. And guess what, they’re being helped by healers the whole time. Most of the Ana nano boosts Genji, and mercy is healing/damage boosting while their team ults. Mass Rez is just ridiculous. Just think about it. You have the possibility of bringing back the whole team at a fast rate. And they might still have their ults. Guaranteed win. The only way it’ll work if it can be canceled by damage or stun.

If you get knocked out of hack by 76, that is on you and your bad move. You control when you come out to hack (outside of a random shotgun bullet hitting you from dva or hog, which is way I think 5 damage should be the min to knock her out of stealth). Pharah shots take time to reach you so you should be able to hack before they get you. Torb turret again, thats on you and not checking if it was safe to hack. Also torb is a terrible choice to attack when you come out of stealth.

Sombra needs some tweaks yes, but the ones you give are meh at best to down right broken with saying only beams can stop her hack.

As far as Mercy, I am fine if mass rez comes back (I hate rez and rather it be removed in any form). But if it comes back, she gets no iframes, needs a LoS check and a shorter range. It was fine before she got the iframes added to it. That and the fact she could rez from behind a wall or even a floor above or below, is what made it dumb and op.

sombra is actually better against ptr torbjorn than the live one… in a 1v1. She definitely doesn’t need any buffs lmao.

Sombra is META currently. The higher in rank, the higher her winrate. Meaning, she is balanced.
WHY?
BECAUSE THE HIGHER YOU GET, THE BETTER PEOPLE COMMUNICATE.

Exactly, just Increasing the cast time will work, she will be counterable and also there are already so many bs stun heroes who already cancel almost every ult