Soldier: 76 skin issue

So Soldier has the 2 skins night ops and commando, both have him with gray hair. but it says he was serving during the omnic crisis as in the info square. But then on his strike commander morrison skin he has blonde hair but in its info square it says that he was promoted to strike commander AFTER the omnic crisis… meaning he dyed his hair to blonde and got surgery to make him look younger? nice.

3 Likes

He may have dyed his hair a more neutral colour to be able to camoflauge himself better.

2 Likes

that might be a thing of the future, but wouldn’t camoflauge be useless when the robots probably have stuff like thermal vision?

Night ops and Commando aren’t canon. They seem to be inspired by Rambo movies (retired guy goes back into combat).

1 Like

I’m not sure why they would have the little info square then, kind of confusing.

Technically it may be canon, but I don’t believe they ever released a statement saying it is. In general, if they don’t confirm it then it isn’t considered canon. The same goes for in game interactions between characters. For example, in lgame Pharah knows Ana is alive. In the lore that isn’t confirmed as being the case.

Other skins have it as well, The Year 1 Halloween Terror Skins (Pumpkin, Witch, Junkenstein) all do if I recall correctly, and McCree’s Sherlock skin also has one

Orisa also has her Null Sector and OR15 skins which have them

Some skins are canon, others aren’t, but some do have a bit of story to them or give some insight into Heroes that Blizz probably couldn’t fit into their own little snipets

2 Likes

also, it is likely that when soldier was just a soldier, he was going against other humans, not robots

I just want to say that painstakingly camoflauging your face but leaving a shockingly sniper bait white bunch of hair on the top of your head has always made laughably zero sense to me.

well, if they know that is hair, then they were never fooled by your disguised

Do not question the fast dad

1 Like

I know the Commando skin’s an homage to 80’s action (particularly the movie Commando), so that’s probably why he’s made to look older.

All I know is that this needs to be a thing:

1 Like

Strike commander is actually Pat Sajak with a gun.

It specifically says he served during the omnic crisis.

Strike Commander Morrison is a lore-inspired skin, based on wis lookings during that era. The other legendary skins aren’t cannon not has any worth around the cannon. Take for example the other set of legendary skins lol