So you CAN balance around subjectivity

From what I read and understand, it’s “We are starting to balance based on subjectivity. We did not do this for Mercy, but we did it for Reinhardt - so either we do it for everyone, or we do it for no one”

1 Like

I dont trust the developers to make changes to Mercy that would benefit her.

Shes statistically balanced and perfectly playable (as was Reinhardt), with the main issue I have with her being resurrect and touching anything about that will result in extreme polarity which is why I just dont want people to use this as a rebuttal to the counterpoint of not balancing around subjective.

1 Like

That might have been true if not for this bit which is oddly focused on Mercy. Guy really hates Mercy, I guess.

No, I think they should not do it for Reinhardt because it would set a precedent to do it for Mercy which I not only do not think they will do but would also be a very very bad idea, particularly with the more sensitive parts of her kit like Resurrect.

They should remove it from Reinhardt in my opinion.

1 Like

Heavy CC caused rein to not be able to DO HIS JOB correctly.
Its not about feels or anything.

I love Mercy quite a bit which is why I would rather they not change her at all.

If you would like to see my position on her and my ideal changes, I outlined them here.

But that’s wishful thinking and ideally I would prefer she not be touched at all.

1 Like

He wasn’t able to do his job which is why he was meta for over a year.

Sure…

Thats the point of CC. He should be impacted by CC and it should prevent him from doing his job.

Fact is, he can still do it and has been doing it quite well, being the most played hero or second most played hero in the game for quite some time.

This was done entirely on a subjective basis

Then I have to disagree with your position based solely on the fact that making changes based on improving the experience of a game, any game, should be paramount, and not because people are worried it might impact a character they have some bias for or against.

Actually we did change mercy. Because she felt frustrating to play against.

And made her even more frustrating to play against.

Yes, unfortunately

That was their mistake, frankly. Taking a frustrating game mechanic and trying to make it less frustrating by making it more frustrating. Doesn’t mean they didn’t change it for feelings though.

We also changed d.va and ana because ofthat reason as well. D.va because her DM was “frustrating” to play against. and Ana because she could 2 shot tracer at launch and that was mean of her :frowning:

Considering Reinhardt’s shield, out of the shield tanks, is the only one that you can’t place on the ground and therefore still function correctly makes it seem like a balance issue considering the amount of CC being added to the game.

They could always…not add more CC but they don’t seem to want to stop.

Are you going to gloss over the part where it said

That’s the main reason.

I didnt. It was addressed. I said he should be more adversly affected and he should feel its impact more than those other heroes.

Quite frankly Reinhardt has not had any problems performing his role and has been either the most or second most played hero in the game across all ranks for quite a while.

The changes were done as a result of subjective opinion because statistically he was balanced just like Mercy is now, but received this change because CC didnt feel good.

It shouldnt. And for a hero like Reinhardt it should feel horrible.

I think this change goes deeper than that. Look at Reinhardt’s stats atm. They’re pretty bad. They obviously don’t want dive to be a major thing again. So they want to nudge people to play Reinhardt again and not just Orisa, leading to more variety in comp for when 2-2-2 is released.

He still will. You’re acting like he’s immune to it. He can still be chain-stunned into hell, He can still be booped away, just not as much as before. As a Lucio main this change effects me more than most, but I think it was a healthy change for Rein.

i knew this was about Mercy

don’t worry OP, no way she gets that kind of favoritism

bahahaha

His damage blocked is quite good while the rest is mediocre at best.

Mercy’s healing is quite good but the rest of her statistics are the worst of any hero or pretty close to it.

Both do their primary job well but Reinhardt gets a change based on how it feels to play him.