So, will Jesse McCree get a complete redesign now?

Just google name “Quinton Flynn” case and “Kael´thas voice lines replaced” and you should find it all.

Thing is, changing Mccree’s name would do literally nothing.

EVERYONE who currently plays the game sees the cowboy and thinks “Mccree”, that likely will not change.

Change Mccree’s name to Chicken Mcnugget, people are still gonna think of him as Jesse Mccree.

13 Likes

I’m not arguing otherwise. I think renaming the character would be silly.

I’m just pointing out WHY people might think he should be renamed.

1 Like

I hope Jesse Mcree gets to keep his name. I wouldn’t want it to change. I know it may be tied up in this sexual harassment PR, but changing it would be sad. Sorry I don’t have a better word to describe…

If we do have to change it- this PLEASE lol :joy:

3 Likes

If they actually do, if its not something simple and easy to remember like Mccree was:

The delegated callout for a Mccree would be “Cowboy”

They can change it to Joel going forward. He has the lore hints already established that he writes under the pen name Joel Morricone. Sombra questions him about it in a voiceline, even wondering if it’s his real name.

• Sombra: Pleasure working with you McCree… if that is your real name.
  • McCree: Don’t know what you heard, but my name’s not Joel. Best remember that.

It would be as easy as having him exposed by her, and then going forward everyone calls him Joel

8 Likes

I mean i don’t really know if mccree is named after that guy, but i don’t think it would matter if they have the same name because they’re not the same person and our mccree in game hasn’t done anything wrong.

But who knows? Maybe they will give him a new name

Here the story:

he’s not like the only person in the world called Jesse McCree so like I don’t really think they need to change his name.

1 Like

Why would McCree get a redesign? McCree was inspired by Clint Eastwood.

A name =/= as an appearance.

1 Like

The only redesign I approve is if we can put him in a banana suit.

2 Likes

it would be very strange if they did, i wouldnt be surprised tho givin the info thats being leaked at this very moment lol

maybe a reference to john wayne? hmmm Jim Bayne

I’d understand it if they changed his name.

It’s weird to honor a sexual abuser in game.

So imo, both decisions are fine.

2 Likes

Not the voice actor, one person working at blizz is named jesse mccree irl who the hero was named after.

The name Jesse McCree isn’t to honor him. The name was picked because it fit the cowboy aesthetic.

1 Like

Yeah but you know people will still make it like it is to honor him and ignore any thing else

But it’s still a connection to that specific person.

I’d understand why they would like to cut that.

Who would like to cut that?

The connection to a sexual abuser.

They named him after an abuser. I would understand it why they would like to change that.

That would only be dumb and confusing becuase the name change would be a blatant attempt at solving a non-issue. Besides, we can get the deep lore on McCree having to have his name change, but we can’t get Zenyatta lore?