So..why does Zarya do more damage than sym?

Who will represent india when Satyas gone then?

Because I’d say it’s harder to get full charge with Zarya and she might have to use all her abilities to get highest damage, which isn’t always guaranteed thing and requires the Zarya player to know the right moments when to use the bubbles. That’s my guess.

Her potential damage is less than Symmetra’s.

It’s probably because she can sustain more damage, so she has to back off less often. I.E. She’s in the middle of the fight more.

As well as she lifts.
And it cannot be avoided.

Who will win:

An omnic war veteran, body-builder, hero of Russia elite soldier literally carrying a tank gun as a weapon, shooting black holes all over the place

or:

Some Indian gurl with gloryfied lightbulb

I think I know why she does more dmg

Sym can literally build stuff out of light

she does right now because of what the meta is.

normally DPS hero’s deal more damage but you get free charge and free high energy right clicks into a deathball.

Ashe does so much damage for the same reason with dynamite

If you’re fighting enemies that move and shoot back, it’s far easier to get Zarya to high energy than it is to get Sym’s weapon to charge level 3.

Sure, but the key is not the damage, is the survival.
Also the orbs from Sym are far superior to the ones from Zarya, like way way way WAY more accurate and fast than those.

This.

Sym eats shields and replenishes her ammo with her damage. She also doesn’t have to wait 8-10 seconds for another chance to charge up her gun since she charges it when she uses it vs built objects, shields, or enemies. That is why her beam is just slightly weaker than Zarya’s in terms of DPS (though she eats through armor like Zarya).

With the armor rebalance Sym got an indirect buff to her damage as did Zarya. Hell, so did Mei and every other X-ticks-per-second type damage. Though her range may need yet another buff as does her utility’s speed.

It’d honestly be better if her charging too 20%+ longer if she had 15m or more range for her MB1. Since anything past 12m (which is basically long-melee-range in this game) is 0 dps regardless of her gun’s charge… Obviously. lolrip

1 Like

Only bad Symmetra players rely on her primary fire for damage though

2 Likes

Because zarya is close range with 0 mobility. She needs to cycle through her cooldowns 2 times with smart use to obtain that damage, at which point she has 0 utility since her bubbles are now on cooldown. It’s also extremely tilting to die with high energy.

So… Why does Sym have more shields than Zarya?
Like, Zarya is in the TANK catagory, and has a similar gameplay aspect as sym, yet her shields block way less and last way longer than Syms, despite the difference in categories.

Off-Tanks by design are almost a “must pair with Mt” hero. Their design isn’t to take space but to enforce a danger zone and support their main tank in holding an area.

For example, when Rein puts up his barrier, the space behind his barrier is effectively yours. the space in front is in contention. Without proper support the enemy will close in on Reins space fast. With an Off-tank like D.Va, Hog, and Zarya they can both protect the space the MT takes and help push forward.

That’s why Off-tanks tend to have some hefty damage but with extremely short ranges. They use damage and utility to support their MT’s

Brig doing damage: Shes supposed to be a hybrid tank support you idiots!
Zarya doing doing damage: Unacceptable!!!

Because Sym has 3 turrets to also put out damage at varying angles (which also makes it much harder to block).

Take those into account, and you get that Sym with even the basic, uncharged beam has a higher DPS output than a fully charged Zarya.

*EDIT: Further testing has provided a value of 192 DPS on her beam at tier 3. At this point i think Sym is buggy but I can’t actually get the number back to 180 like my first tests.

Seems I can’t verify anything other than the 192DPS, I’ve deleted the first message.

1 Like

Zarya can do 195dps not factoring in however much her rightclicks can increase her dps.

Sym can do 330dps, also not factoring in a rightclick, but her turrets are inseparable from her max possible dps.

2 Likes

The day people want TP and photon barrier over Zarya bubbles and Gravs is the day I eat my entire collection of hats. Her utility doesn’t justify the sad state of her weapon.

Sure, Sym can have more potential DPS if you factor in turrets, but you can’t control the turrets, they can be destroyed, and they’re on a long cooldown. It’s not enough.

What Sym needs:

-More low end damage: 90/135/180 instead of 60/120/180
-Turrets focus your primary beam target
-Substantial TP buffs and QoL

…Remember, Sym is ASTRONOMICALLY more squishy than Zarya and her beam has SHORTER range. She should outdo her in the damage department without contest, or she’s redundant. Her damage is worse, survivability is worse, and utility is more niche / overall worse. Something’s gotta go.

I guess it depends on how you look at this question. Are you looking at overall per game damage stats or pure DPS potential on her primary weapon? Either way there is no credible way to say that Zarya does more damage than any other hero in the game.

Pure Damage
These heroes do more damage than Zarya per game. (not at any specific rank, but just overall) - Source: Overbuff

• Bastion
  • Junkrat
  • Torbjorn
  • Pharah
  • Hanzo
  • Ashe
  • Soldier: 76
  • D.Va
  • Reaper

Pure DPS
These heroes have a higher DPS potential than a 100% charge Zarya just on their primary damage dealing weapon, optimal range, no headshots.

• Doomfist (if you count Rocket Punch)
  • Reaper
  • Tracer
  • Bastion
  • Junkrat
  • Roadhog

If you add headshots, then these also get added.

• Ashe
  • Genji
  • McCree
  • Soldier 76
  • Sombra
  • Hanzo
  • Torb
  • Widow
  • D.Va
  • Mercy (lol)

Now, if she has no charge, even Ana’s actual DPS is only like 10 lower than Zarya’s. Her 0 charge DPS isn’t that great. And if you factored in other abilities then you get even more heroes. I counted Doomfist’s fist as his primary. If you have a problem with that then he comes off the list.

Source: (If they were wrong then so am I. They got their data off of gamepedia and performed DPS calculations and factored in reloads and such)