So, why did you stop using the forums

No. I’ve just known that this was your alt for years. :neutral_face:

I don’t feel like my discussions mean anything on here anymore, I try to have an unbiased look at every single hero in this game, the ones I hate, the ones I love, and I want them to be the best version of themselves they can be.
I would explain why I don’t like certain changes and what could fix the problem.
Example:
Sigma’s barrier went from either a 1 second or .5 second cooldown, now it’s 2. I think this change is a failure on all fronts.

• It feels awful. This makes playing him feel so so clunky, I love sigma’s character but I dropped him as my tank secondary because it feels awful.
  • It lowers any mindgames you could have with any hero that needs to land a skill shot and worse
    • You put your shield down and it’s a free sleep dart, flash, etc unless you burn your shift too which is more often than not a waste
    • Rein shatter vs Sig is free, you literally have 2 entire seconds to hit q after sig hits right click or it breaks
    • D.va Bomb is basically free, if you try to block it on reaction like any other barrier tank, you’re stuck waiting and its pathetic.
  • It didn’t do anything to sig, I’m pretty sure he’s the most played tank in owl which ik is different from ladder but still should show something

He feels bad to play
It lowered the skill floor to challenge him a ton for many heroes
he’s still good

It should be reverted, ask anyone on what should be done, gather all the ideas and think them over until this game the best it can be.

It won’t be. why bother asking opinions and trying to help this game when people will just bicker about hog and bap when they really aren’t as problematic as everyone makes them out to be.

Since the NSW bushfires in 2019 I had nothing better to do, so I joined the Forums. I’d posted occasionally before then, but when the fires hit I could spend hours on here every single day. Covid and the lockdowns overlapped the fires, so I had no reason to leave the house…so no reason to stop posting. Then even after things went back to almost-normal (until now, ugh), I’d still visit at least once a day simply because I enjoyed it.

These last few weeks though, I’ll visit maybe once a day if that? Sometimes I won’t even post because I hardly find anything interesting around here anymore and there are better things I could be doing. A lot of the “good people” have either left or are far less active than they used to be as well, and I’ve met some really repugnant people in the last month or so that aren’t exactly keeping me around. :v: :woozy_face:

Reddit is healthy for people whose opinions align with the general consensus for each sub, or if you want to farm upvotes by slapping some unfunny, unoriginal one-liner that somehow gained popularity over there on each post you come across. If you want proper discussions, though…you won’t really find them.

Personally that’s one thing I do actually think the Forums did right. Highly-liked posts aren’t pushed to the top, there’s no downvote system, and the reply mechanic is way better. False-flagging isn’t fun, but at least it’s quite rare and at least from my experience Customer Support will overturn any unwarranted punishments.

2 Likes

fair enough.
true question is why I am still here

2 Likes

I ask myself that question every time I log into Overwatch :joy:

The answer is always the same.

Valorant is awesome!! Overwatch is “JUST BETTER”

1 Like

For me it’s just getting boring tbh. I still love and play the game daily, it has nothing to do with the game, the forums are just getting repetitive for me, I feel like it’s just discussing the same things over and over again. Nowdays when I think about coming here to see what is being talked about I just take a quick scan, see the same usual stuff and go away do something else.

1 Like
  1. Nothing new to talk about

1. I became severely disillusioned with the nonstop tribalism, fighting, and bickering; esp during pride month

1. I started playing FFXIV and only play OW once a week for arcade wins
1 Like

Too busy with work stuff.

1 Like

I miss you robot wizard :frowning:
You’re one of my favourite users

1 Like

I check it like every 2 days still just because it’s really fun to see allot of people’s bad takes and give a bunch of my own

I never thought I would be missed by anyone really :slight_smile:

I kinda feel like I’ve only really done a couple of good posts.

Anyway! Thanks! I am completely surprised by this.

1 Like

Huh, I may have to give it a check again. I liked it a fair amount but I wanna see all this goodness

1 Like

I thought devs would listen to our thoughts and make some improvements. Now I feel like a clown :clown_face:

It’s just boring. The same threads about the same things, the same 3 people defending their broken character. The same person making a “Hanzo OP” topic every day. A million “hot topic” posts.

Doesn’t even have to be new content if the company is engaged – they can do fan stuff, highlights, whatever.

Blizzard doesn’t even post updates here anymore, they go to reddit first. I fully predict these forums will be shutdown on OW2 launch like a lot of other companies are doing and just announce stuff on reddit/twitter.

1 Like

It’s a cyclical thing. I tend to be into the forums hard for like a week, then go away for a month, come back, and repeat. But it’s not thing new, I’ve been doing that since the beginning.

I started working out and going outside

I didn’t, but if I did it would of been because it’s bad for my mental health and general opinion on other human beings (Which is already pretty bad may I add :’) ) as it is 99% negative and 1% positive posts. :sweat_smile:

I try to post more neutral or positive posts myself, but they normally get flooded away within a day or so by posts about Nerf/Buff, Community Complaints, Rants, Bad Talking, ect. You know, all that bad vibe crap. :neutral_face:

I didn’t necessarily “stop” per se. Though I find posting on here a bit meaningless because you’re either going to be told “lol ur wrong” about your post, or its mindless trolling.

If anything I find the Runescape forums more authentic.