So when tank that counters all dps?

So since we have characters like mei/reaper/sombra that counters not heroes but whole class i would like to ask developers when we will get tank that counters all dps and dps meta is dictated by how much they can survive against it?

Thanks in advance,

If you think you can counter mei/reaper/sombra with any tank pls enlighten me.

2 Likes

good Hog’s can right click, hook, left click reaper/mei and everything else that has 250 HP or less already. Sombra has stealth and technically counters everything so isn’t tank specific.

I’ve have answered posts on this before, so have other people. You should search for it first.

I don’t think Mei and Reaper hard countering the entire tank role is healthy for the game. Yes, Hog mains are always quick to toot their horns on being able to deal with them, but how exactly does that help a main tank main like myself who’s only strat is to run away screaming for help?

That being said, there shouldn’t be tank heroes who wholesale counter all dps heroes (it would be the most broken thing in this game since pre-launch Bastion). A better response would be nerf Reaper and Mei (as well as a host of other stuff in this game) and get a reign on this power creep in the game.

1 Like

That’s so funny when current 2x shield meta provided with orisa and sigma counters 95% of dps roster except df, a guy keep complaining that this is not enough.

1 Like

For real, Orisa and sigma have THE MOST BROKEN ability set in the game. When Orisa feels threatened, she just fortifies out of quite literally all abilities used against her and retreats behind the safety of Sigma and his even more broken ability set. Can’t stand it. If these DPS get nerfed then blizzard really has their heads where the sun doesn’t shine

1 Like

Mei - keep your distance and don’t position like a bot.

Reaper - keep your distance, if he uses a movement ability then focus him.

Sombra - just be aware, don’t play as a 6 if you’re expecting emp and shoot her if you see/hear her going for a hack.

They have the advantage, they are supposed to, but you are making them out to be the end all be all. Your mindset is wrong. You know that they have the advantage, think about why they have the advantage and how you can take that away from them. Until the you’ll just be wasting your time asking questions what blizzard will never look at

Also, as everyone else as stated, there are maybe 4-5 dps that I would consider to be effective in this meta because of the tank line

Jusr wait for patch this week

Zarya can pew pew all of those 3 pretty hard with her debuffing bubbles and 170 DPS.
Orisa is also a pretty stronk counter to those 3.
You also have Sigma and HoG… And Rein… Hell only two tanks you should avoid if meeting those 3 specific heroes is Hammond and Winston.